Author Topic: Beany's F430 Build  (Read 232489 times)

Lord Beany

• View Profile
Re: Beany's F430 Build
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 10:38:32 AM »
Photo 1: Rollbar carrier surround fitted. Holes still to be cut out later.

Photo 2: Rear end, all aligned and secured with tec screws. Sections marked to be removed for lights and grill. This will be done using air cut off tool and my new trusty Black and Decker power file

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 10:42:45 AM »
Photo 1: Passenger door/front wing gap and swage lines aligned, and opening fully with no contact. Gap needs to be opened a little further to allow for paint thickness.

Photo 2:

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
Here's a couple more photos of how things stand after about 12 hours work. A testament to the quality of the DNA product i think, as i have never built a kit car before. I know it's early days, but i am loving every minute of it so far.

Next instalment will be after this coming wekend. I look forward to reading your comments.

Beany ;D

tricky

• skateboarding is not a crime
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 04:35:39 PM »
WHENS THE BEST TIME TO DO THE FUEL PIPES ON THESE?

DNA AUTOMOTIVE

• The main dude's
    • View Profile
    • www.dnaautomotive.com
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
after bonding kit on its really easy at thet stage

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
 hi beany,cant believe youve done all that since collecting the kit thursday, :o.fbp3rd 8) 8)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
It will be painted by next week at this rate :-)

Looking good fella !!!! keep it up.  ;D

Steve
The fat one..

splne1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 08:19:53 PM »
WOW my build will be the slowest build compared to your beany!!! Looking good
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK!!!

DNA AUTOMOTIVE

• The main dude's
    • View Profile
    • www.dnaautomotive.com
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »
DNA kits are designed for ease of fit which means you dont spend a year or 2 every weekend in the garage messing around and so lhaving that sinking feeling and thinking is ever get done really it should take the lesser skilled guy about 3-5 months part time to get it done

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 01:00:11 AM »
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments, I can guarentee you that progress will slow down. like DNA said, the nature and simplicity of the kit makes initial progress seem rapid. I too was impressed with my first weekends efforts.

I'm waiting for a few last bits to arrive from DNA, hopefully tomorrow and plan to get the suspension sorted and the wheels fitted this coming weekend. That way i'll be able to get a better idea of how things are looking and check that the back end is centred correctly. Should get front bumper on as well and work on those door gaps a little.

Have done a little work on the dummy brakes this evening, adding a bit more detail with bleed nipples and brake pipes. Have decided to paint the disc bell and use stainless bolts. Will post some before and after pics when i've finished one.

Will post progress with photos after the weekend.

Cheers for now.

Beany ;D

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »
sounds like your enjoying your build so far,ive had mine 4 weeks and on and off ive nearly done all the filler work etc and having just spent an hour here and an hour there,having your own bussiness doesnt give me much spare time,just orderd a few original parts from ferrari as im trying to replicate as much as i can,ive sorted my brake discs also and ive had the centres powder coated and im using stainless allen bolts etc,changed my design on caliper covers though, hate seeing it in my workshop everytime i walk past it and  work on other cars,looking at about another 2 months before i finally get it in booth to paint it,ile try and get some photos on soon of the build so far,yours is coming along fine but will slow down when in bodyshop as thets the longest process,getting it 100% is critical,what colour you going for.............

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
Stainless should not be used in high stress areas as it is soft and brittle when compared to standard 8.8/10.8 bolts
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
your quite right buddy stainless is not as strong as 8.8 but im only using them to attach the fake outer discs to the centre discs.not on the actual mr2 brakes.me and my dad have build a few kit cars ie robin hood westfield and we use all strenthend bolts in those critical areas.iva dont like to pass them without correct stamped bolts lol .............

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 12:22:16 PM »
Beemaman,

Would love to see some pics of your build. I'm gonna let the paint shop do the majority of finishing work, before paint, to ensure a perfect paintjob. As for colour, i'm keeping that close to my chest i'm afraid. All will be revealed, I'm hoping it will be in and out of the bodyshop before Christmas.

Progress has continued this last weekend, with front and rear suspension mods carried out, spacers and dummy brake caliper mounts fitted, wheels fitted (I love my wheels! According to my wife i've even been talking about them in my sleep. Lol!) and i managed to get the front bumper on.

More details and photos, below as usual.

Photo 1: First rear spacer fitted, using front Toyota wheel nuts, as they were shorter than rears and fit within spacer. Tri-lock in photo will be replaced with a ground down rear wheel nut, as i am unsure if a tri-lock will be strong enough to withstand removal, once it has been loctited.

Photo 2: Rear outer spacer added and secured with the supplied allen bolts, all will be loctited for final fitment. Nuts secure the rear wheel.

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
Photo 1: Rear wheel fitted. I have had the Scuderia style wheel powdercoated in a high gloss black as this is inkeeping with my final colour scheme. Make of that what you will, but i am still not telling you the colour, Lol. This will obviously look better once the wheel arch liners are in and the fake brakes are fitted.

Photo 2: New meets old! Difficult to see the actual size difference here, but it is huge. 215/ 19's on front and 245/19's on rear.