Author Topic: TomTom POI for shows  (Read 1370 times)

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TomTom POI for shows
« on: June 10, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »
Several people have had difficulty in finding the shows, despite me posting the directions / post codes for each event! (Perhaps they just didn't read them?)
So to make it easier to navigate, I've created a POI file, based not on the postcode, but on the actual location of where you have to go - main kit car entrance gate. Of course, you should follow the local signs when you get close, in case things have changed, but it's more reassuring if your TomTom and the signs don't conflict!

To install the files requires the TomTom to be connected to a PC, and the files are then copied to the folder containing your map on the TomTom. Then when planning your route on the TomTom you select "Point of Interest" and from the list of POI categories choose "KitCarShowsDNAOC" and then the particular show. That's it.

Attached to this post are the three files which, if you install on your TomTom GPS, should give you the directions to the main gates for each of the 5 main kit car shows in the UK. I'm going to be testing this for the Newark show. If anybody else wants to try it for any of the other venues local to them, please post back the results. (Disclaimer: I'm not going to be held responsible if you end up in John-o-Groats and you were heading for Exeter though!  ;D )

- tenpin