Author Topic: Stoneleigh Kit Car Show May 2008 UK Biggest !  (Read 28457 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Stoneleigh Kit Car Show May 2008 UK Biggest !
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:20:59 AM »
Sunday 4th - Monday 5th May 2008

National Kit Car Motor Show, Stoneleigh - The World's Largest! At: NAC, Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, Warwickshire CV8 2LZ

Pitch 11D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:13:29 AM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

EVANS MOTORSPORTS

• View Profile
Re: Stoneleigh Kit Car Show May 2008 UK Biggest !
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:21:05 AM »
Will this be the innaugral DNAOC stand /tent complete with bunting and dancing girls?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:06:34 PM »
yeah really looking forward to this one. DNA said they would send some pennys over to the dnaoc so we could buy something.. I am thinking either a dnaoc flagpoll type thing and a popup tent marque type thing maybe depending how much we get. This would be a good place to stick any flyers etc that they might have. If anyone has contacts where we can get these from then now it not a bad time to start really rather than leaving it to the last minute.

The fat one..

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »
is anyone going to the detlin show in kent in april,its almost the first show of the year.if so ill get me bike out,and give it the spring blow out.somebody please answer me,im feeling a little depressed talking to my self.fbp3rd

Munkyking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 01:43:29 AM »
FBP3rd
Would LOVE to be able to go but its a bit more than a bike ride (I presume you mean motorbike) for me here in the US.
Not only did I just break my wrist but the snow which had almost cleared has just come back with avengence! We had about 6 inches in the last two days and it doesn't seem to be stopping.
Somewhere out there in my back garden is a huge crate with my DNA kit and a slightly sorry (cos it hasn't been started for months) MRS.
If you do go please take some pics to post - could be interesting as quite a few companies have new stuff in the wings as well as the lesser spotted DNA 4Firty   ;D
Oh and while you're out there get a bacon sarnie and post it to me. I really miss British (Danish) bacon in unhealthily white sliced!  :'( Even HP sause is hard to come by...

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »
thanks for reminding me,just put the grill on ,bacons in,times for my elevenies.BUT NO HP .i refuse to buy it anymore.it was took over,big mistake,production moved to belgium or holand,dole ques for more people.the factory has been raised to the ground[demolished]lands worth alot of money these days .another part of british heretage gone,they kept the houses of parliament on the bottles to fool the rest of the world so now i put daddies on,which is crap.any whos going to detlin i am armed with me camra.yes i did mean motor bike

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
OK, so we've hijacked the Stoneleigh thread to talk about Detling!

I'll have had my 360 kit only a few days by then, so won't have really started, hence nothing to show off. However there might be lots of bits for me to buy, or, at least, drool over! (And I might need to buy all sorts of tools to do the kit.)

Best of all, Detling is fairly local to me - all being well I'm going!

tenpin

Munkyking

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
Good luck with the kit tenpin!
Take some pics there as well.  ;D
Looks like everyone is going to finish their kit before it stops snowing here...  ::)

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Thanks Munkyking,

You're not the only one with snow though - it's been snowing on and off all day here in SE England! If it keeps on... I may not be able to get my kit!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
Right.. I know stoneleigh is a two day event I have been granted a passout so what does everyone do for digs ? Is it tent time ? Do you stay in a lodge ?

When are people going down are we going on a convoy 10-4 good buddy ?

Last time I went to stoneleigh.. errr about 15 maybe more years ago they did have some rooms you can rent on site, they just had a couple of single beds in them from what I remember...

Lets get some stuff sorted out so we know whats going on.. not on the last minute

Steve
The fat one..

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
right been having a little think and I am most likely leaving my house at 6am on the Sunday morning which should get me outside stoneleigh gate for 8am easy. I will be 'camping' the sunday night and traveling back after tea on the monday (bank hol).

If anyone wants to meet then just let me know. Sadly I doubt I will have much room in my car as I will be taking the tent and bits.

Does anyone know if there will be power there as I would like to rig my carpc up to run constant so it could have the build video running which I have yet to do.. lol

It would be nice to have 3 DNA cars outside if possible. Mine is one, so two more. DNA have side they are prepared to foot the bill for any bits we need. I was thinking something like http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3mx6m-Heavy-Duty-Carport-Party-Wedding-Marquee-Tents_W0QQitemZ200215753956QQihZ010QQcategoryZ20499QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its £90 + £30 postage. But if its raining or windy then at least it gives us somewhere to go.. note it would take a few people to put it up.

I also think a banner maybe for the side with DNA Owners Club on the side would be good :-)

Inside the port could be afew chairs and a table. I also think this would be a good place to stick some flyers from the dna cars etc.

The main problem is transport of these things.. you cant get much in a dna.. lol

Roland if your happy about the car port then I will get it bought.. just need the nod.

Any other ideas etc.. please post em up.

Steve

if need be I could prob be there for about 7 ish sat night.. which might be better for setting up
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:22:03 AM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
O another thing... flag poles are quite cheap being under £20 for a 6m telescopic one.. this might look nice flapping in the wind ? Would need a DNA Flag to stick on it mind.. wink wink Roland ?

So total cost for a carport and flag would be about £140 (excluding banner and flag).. can DNA push to this.. thats the question ?
The fat one..

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 11:20:55 PM »
well we now have a carport :-) ordered and paid for.

now if we can get a 'flag' done with maybe a ferrari logo with DNA on it that would be awesome.. nudge nudge..

something like the attached file :-)
The fat one..

DNA AUTOMOTIVE

• The main dude's
    • View Profile
    • www.dnaautomotive.com
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 11:27:18 PM »
we can sort call us

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »
I'm planning on visiting Stoneleigh, probably on Sunday, so let's have a big flag so we know where to meet! How many cars are we going to get there? Unfortunately mine won't be done by then, so I'll have to use a bigger vehicle - maybe I can buy lots of bits (and be able to take them home) for the kit.
I think the logo on the flag would look quite good as a bonnet badge, anyone else agree?
tenpin