Author Topic: Handle Hinges  (Read 2590 times)

MADMAN

• View Profile
Re: Handle Hinges
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »
sorry no hinges left in Alladins cave, I,m 99% sure they were from B&Q kitchen door hinges

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 03:03:59 PM »
Thanks for looking I've ordered one from eBay that looks similar I will pop into b&q this afternoon as well I've also seen one on the Screwfix website I may order I need some more screws and some Add Blu for the merc anyway

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 05:17:38 PM »
one of them should fit

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 06:38:07 PM »
B&Q no good but Wickes is an almost exact match https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-165-Degree-Clip-On-Concealed-Cabinet-Hinge---Nickel-35mm-Pack-of-2/p/103291
The B&Q ones clip on the base a different way, the base doesnt clip onto the B&Q hinge so it wont work the other way around IE their hinge on my base. The wickes one looks almost identical to mine, same markings and everything. I have reserved a pair for collection tomorrow so Im getting my own aladins cave together LOL!

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »
cant beat a good Alladins cave, mines depleting  now

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »
Picked up two from Wickes theyre not the same as advertised rthe bases are different, I will wait for the ebay one to come (due yesterday) and see if it will fit the base if not I will see if I can fix mine using parts from the others, if not I will attempt to swap the base. Not sure what scares me most LOL!

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 07:47:50 PM »
Decided to bite the bullet took the wickes one apart, the took my old one apart and made a good one out of the two. its bonding right now next drill adnd bolt it, then fill it and paint it I was thinking of painting the handles black the paint shop said they would want to do the whole door to be sure the colour matches (that was when I was losing the handles as we know them ie fill em in like beanies.)

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 08:08:41 PM »
Fitted the handle today, I cannot believe the difference between how it feels now to how it felt before. I have to fill it and paint it black. the passenger door should be easier now I know what I'm doing.  Also took out the Maff sensor for cleaning it was filthy so I hope this is my 171 175 fault code problem I've added injector cleaner to my fuel in case it's an injector that needs cleaning.