Author Topic: Handle Hinges  (Read 2593 times)

Peter James

• View Profile
Handle Hinges
« on: August 10, 2020, 08:27:39 PM »
Does anyone know where I mabe able to get one of these?

MADMAN

• View Profile
Re: Handle Hinges
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 07:52:59 AM »
B&Q if not I may have one in the depleting Alladins cave. Keep the old one as a pattern you will need to modify the new part, ie grind the lugs off sides
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 07:55:07 AM by MADMAN »

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 09:05:27 AM »
Thanks Steve, I have been looking on eBay there are plenty similar but because I can't get to the base to change it, I can't be sure that they will fit. I looked at replacing the broken part or replacing it, but it's not an easy fix because its spring-loaded at the bit with the smallest amount of metal. and all the similar ones I can find are not the same on the bit that's broke. Do you know what brand it was or who made them, I hate having anything, let alone a car that I cant source replacement bits for. Is there any markings on the ones in your Aladins cave? 

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 06:35:06 PM »
Might be an idea to drop Roland a line, he'll tell you straight away.
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 08:51:57 PM »
Might be an idea to drop Roland a line, he'll tell you straight away.
D

Thanks Darren. Who is Roland?

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 04:49:25 PM »
he probably built your car, he can be contacted via he's new website A NU Dimension
http://www.anudimension.com/
cheers
Darren
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 06:08:34 PM »
Thanks Ill try and call him, Ive ordered a very similar one from Ebay I may be able to fix mine using parts from that one if its not exactly the same. But Id rather get an exact replacement and have a source should it go again

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 08:16:41 AM »
he probably built your car, he can be contacted via he's new website A NU Dimension
http://www.anudimension.com/
cheers
Darren
I think Sha from Leeds built Wizards car, Roland will correct me if I,m wrong

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »
Hi Steve, it was a DIY build that Sha fixed from what I can make out on here. I have some early photos of the MR2 being lifted into someones back garden so it could be built in a shed somewhere. But where the hinges not a standard DNA supply? Is Roland something to do with the original DNA manufacturer?

/

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 10:53:12 PM »
Roland was a partner in dna, I was busy today will look for hinge tomorrow

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »
Hi Peter.

the fitting your looking for is a hinge for a kitchen unit that goes from the side of the unit to the door used to be from B&Q but i dont think

they doing anymore take the old one along with you and try Toolstation or Scerwfix the bit that fits in the unit on the back of it has got a

little button that release it, the front bit that screws into the door you have to cut the wings off, it is not a standard hinge its one that

opens the kitchen door wider, if you look up Pauls build page 9 you get more of a idea of what it looks like,

JohnJames     8) 8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:24:57 AM by johnjames »
Drive it like you stole it

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
Had another look inside the door last night, I may be able to get a small stubby in there in to change the base. I won't attempt it just yet as the hinge I ordered on ebay may fit that base, then all I have to do is grind and adjust. Also, its flat screws and they look like they've bee sprayed when the door was painted, so it may be a harder task than it looks.

On a plus note, I regassed the aircon myself and it seems to have fixed that, result.
Just the o2 cat problem to sort and all the rattles and knocks, oh and the radio (not that I want to listen to anything I just want nav) and some permanent fix to stop the lights coming loose and falling out.

I love the looks of the car which is why I wanted one, I also wanted a hobby, but I underestimated how much hard work was involved.
But you guys and this forum has been a great source of information, and I am grateful for everyone's help so far.

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
Hi Peter.

the fitting your looking for is a hinge for a kitchen unit that goes from the side of the unit to the door used to be from B&Q but i dont think

they doing anymore take the old one along with you and try Toolstation or Scerwfix the bit that fits in the unit on the back of it has got a

little button that release it, the front bit that screws into the door you have to cut the wings off, it is not a standard hinge its one that

opens the kitchen door wider, if you look up Pauls build page 9 you get more of a idea of what it looks like,

JohnJames     8) 8)

So it is a B&Q 165 degree hinge?  I thought Steve had suggested B&Q because its a DIY store, Sorry Steve

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 12:28:58 PM »
Hi Peter.

if you look at Pauls build go to page 9, go down to pictures 10, you can see the red door with a black metal bracket on the top of door you

can see the kitchen hinge, look away from the door opening at the back of the hinge there is a spring clip if you press it the whole lot with

lifts off so you dont have to undo any screws or bolts.

JohnJames     8) 8)

Drive it like you stole it

Peter James

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 01:38:27 PM »
Yes, I've unlipped mine that's how I got it out, the problem is unless I buy the same brand there is no guarantee that the new one will fit the same base that it clips onto. Hence why I may need to unscrew the base