Author Topic: Front Wheels too Big tp Pass MOT help advice please  (Read 1018 times)

thecontractman

• Novice
    • View Profile
Front Wheels too Big tp Pass MOT help advice please
« on: May 12, 2020, 08:41:52 PM »
Hi,

Hope your all well

I have had factory DNA 430 Spyder since 2012 just put into garage and they refused to MOT sayng front wheels are too big? strange as it passed 8 previous MOT's (+ the garage charged me £2K without even giving quote prior to giving me this downer) suggestions / advice / fixes greatly appreciated....  thanks Paul

Lee22

• View Profile
Re: Front Wheels too Big tp Pass MOT help advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 09:59:36 PM »
Too big for what reason?

I run 19” on mine, and don’t have that issue?

But do they rub when in full lock?  If so, that is a fail, and it’s just been lucky to pass in the past

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 10:29:00 AM »
They've probably noticed scuff marks on the inner arch. The front suspension is altered to suite the new front clip and wheels, the back inner arch has to carefully massaged with a hammer to allow enough room for the new larger wheels, you have to be careful not to split the welded join or metal. It's not hard if you're careful. There's also a seem along the top chassis by the top suspension mount, you may have marks up there aswell.
Sounds like this garage is being very picky if you've had the car on the road for so long without problems.
Are you near any of the DNA established mechanics? maybe they can advise
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 05:45:04 PM »
Carefully massaged ...

:-)
The fat one..

thecontractman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 02:26:17 PM »
Are you near any of the DNA established mechanics? maybe they can advise = are their any DNA established mechanics? in Dorset? thanks, Paul