Author Topic: Calling All Kit Cars in the South  (Read 3720 times)

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Calling All Kit Cars in the South
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »
There was an article in this month's Complete Kit Car Magazine inviting all kit car owners for a run to Bentley Wildfowl and Motor Museum on Sunday 6th September. Bentley is near Lewes in East Sussex.
The guy who's organising it is Mark Greenwood, his email is mark.greenwood@klaraconsulting.com
I've emailed him and the plan is to have four starting points (N,E,S,W), the cars to run in convoy (in small groups) and everyone to converge at 11:00 at Bentley.
I've said that I'm interested and will probably be going. I don't know how many of us there are in this area, but it would be nice if mine wasn't the only DNA car there!
Photos etc to follow and we'll see what the turnout is like.

- tenpin

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Calling All Kit Cars in the South
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 07:01:52 PM »
Hats off to Mark for organising this event - not only did it go off smoothly, but the weather was fine as well!

I joned one of the convoys en route and we all stopped off on Ashdown Forest at Kings Standing. Must have been quite a sight for the dog walkers who normally have the place to themselves! I think the ice cream van man must have had high hopes, but only a few partook.

Some of my pics are diagonal - just so I can get evryone in (even then I failed) - and not because of anything that I may or may not have consumed!

- tenpin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:04:41 PM by tenpin »

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 07:04:17 PM »
Then we proceded to Bentley and were allowed through to park on their lawn, rather than in the normal visitors car park. There were rather a lot of us - I counted over 75 kit cars!

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 07:06:12 PM »
It was informal parking, but we got a line from front to back of blue cars (including mine) sort of a Connect 5 game!

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »
Here's a closeup of the tag line on the rearmost car!

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
A few more group shots.

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »
A good tag line on one car and that's one way to make sure your passenger doesn't fall off!

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 07:14:36 PM »
While I'm not sure these two pics count as kit cars... the first car drove in.

The next car is a well, see if you can guess... and if you want to see it - this one's in their museum, along with a Diablo and a Countach and a whole host of others, including a Formula 1 car (not quite the latest model though).

That's it - a really good day - great shame we couldn't get a group of DNA's to this gathering! There are times when I wonder if DNA have sold more than 10, with mine being the only one in the South!  :-\

- tenpin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:19:00 PM by tenpin »

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 08:28:01 PM »
hi tenpin,looks like another good day out 8) 8) great pics as usual ;D

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 11:08:39 PM »
Another event this weekend - a run to the Chalet Cafe in Cowfold with a bunch of fearless souls in their Caterhams etc and no roofs! I kept my roof up, just to be on the safe side. Apart from a bike gathering at the cafe there was also a Smart outing - I think the Sussex club - who were using it as a starting point for a treasure hunt.
I counted over 50 kit cars, with more arrivals after I had gone inside the cafe for breakfast. Breakfast was really good, it must have been because the queue stretched right out the door for most of the time I was there. Anyway for those that want to know, £5 bought you a mug of tea or coffee, 2 slices of bread and butter, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 sausages, beans or tomatoes and a slice of fried bread.
Here are a couple of pics, in one of them just poking its nose out from behind a smart you can just make out my car.

It would be really good if we could have a DNA car run one day. I don't know where - I wonder where the majority of DNAs are based? - but wherever that is, we could do it around there. I'm guessing it won't be in the South East, but given enough notice I'd be willing to attend...

- tenpin

Quick PS. The "strange" looking blue car is a Marlin 5exi.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:11:03 PM by tenpin »

DNA AUTOMOTIVE

• The main dude's
    • View Profile
    • www.dnaautomotive.com
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 11:34:43 PM »
looks like a good crack as we are or always seem to be working its hard to get to these runs but if we could arrange a DNA run or even an Italian replica run early next year well as soon as the weather starts to get good again it would be a good day the main problem is that a lot of DNA owners don't want to be associated with us kit car crowd as they tell everyone they are real and don't want anyone to see their car at kit shows or runs but if we can arrange a run and give lots of notice it may well be a great day that could maybe become a regular thing.

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 01:17:11 PM »
How about arranging a run to a show? I'm thinking that if a show is on a Sunday / Monday then the run is on the Saturday with the destination being the show ground at mid-afternoon. That way, it would allow the DNA guys to get there in time to set up for the show, and it might even get a few more cars on the DNAOC pitch!  ;D  ;D

- tenpin