Author Topic: MPH  (Read 3260 times)

OXO

• DNA Owner
    • View Profile
MPH
« on: January 27, 2018, 11:35:58 AM »
Hiya,
With my MR2 now having 19 inch wheels and a new plasma dash, the speedo is miles out.
Any suggestions ?
Possibly adding a GPS speedo (if I could find a suitable spot to fit one) how accurate are they ?
OXO

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Dock Green

• View Profile
Re: MPH
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:16:47 PM »
If you tell me the original boot size & the new boots I could would out how much your speedo will be out, if that helps.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OXO

• DNA Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:48:58 AM »
I think it might be the scale of the new plasma dash v's the old speedo.
At the moment I'm using my Tom Tom GPS as I don't want to be caught speeding when I'm thinking I'm within the limits.
Just bought a Nextbase dash cam for my Qashqai, that gives a digital GPS mph but I don't want a wire hanging down the inside of the windscreen.

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 09:53:28 AM »
I have a tiny Mitac Mio dash cam in my normal car & bought a Nextbase one for my 250 which hangs down more, so I will swap them around. I will feed the wire under the dash & up the door pillar then under the seal (or head lining) so no trailing wires. I want to hard wire that & my sat nav in so I believe I will need resistors or something. That will be a job for my mate Andy to do as I am crap at wiring.
Retired & living the dream

OXO

• DNA Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 04:32:42 PM »
Me too

OXO

• DNA Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:50 AM »
I love the idea of the Dakota Digital SGI-5E, but wouldn't got a clue what to do with it ? ? ?
Has anyone got one ?
OXO

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
Comes with instructions, basically you chop into the speed signal coming from the abs ecu and then change the pulse timings via it's dip switches, I think Steve aka CDRskull would be able to tell you the actual wire in the MR2 loom
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever