Author Topic: John James, 250 SWB TOURING SUPERLEGGERA GT SPIDER  (Read 61010 times)

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
Re: John James 250 GT
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »
Posted some pictures of the speaker grills the left hand and the middle one are from a Aston Martin and the right-hand one is from a MGB as you can see the inside is gold chrome mesh. I will have to stop drinking wine before I post a message just looking at it this morning the corners are hexagon God knows where I got the rounded bit from I think it's a touch of Alzheimer's or too much wine before Christmas. I'm making myself sound like a alcoholic well it is Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:38:16 PM by johnjames »
Drive it like you stole it

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »
PICTURE OF GRILLS

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2017, 07:56:26 PM »
Got my little baby out of the garage today went down to deliver Christmas presents and cards finished up doing 75 miles 50 of those miles with the roof down. Can't wait to get the heater going. I will post some pictures of my wipers they are really good when you switch them on they go downwards and then they go back up and wipe and when you go over 60 they creep up the glass just like an old fashioned convertible. Now my little baby's back in the garage she won,t come out again until I've done my dashboard which I'm not looking forward to, the good thing is a friend of mine he's coming over between Christmas and the new year and his son is a car electrician.
In the early days I bought myself a workshop manual for a Z3 the wiring diagrams which there are many or absolutely rubbish I was hoping there be like that old Haynes workshop manuals lucky for me I put little tags on the wires so I know what goes where but for some unknown reason the emergency flashers have suddenly stopped working and I can't seem to dim the dash lights.

I have decided to keep the Z3 interior mirror which will be a lot more easier to see out of then a little silly square one that people fit on the dash that wobbles about all over the place.

One thing I must do is sort the light out in the boot as it used to work of the boot lock which isn't there anymore another thing to add to me list. Oh well having a couple of days off and going back on the wine. Take care John James

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:02:10 PM by johnjames »

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2017, 06:01:03 PM »
Big mistake going out Christmas Eve with the roof down and no heater felt a bit cold round my neck. Woke up Wednesday I've got a stiff neck I can just about move so having a bit of time off try and make a list of all the bits and pieces left to do I have some friends coming Saturday so hoping I should be able to move if not I'll let them do the work and I can make the tea or I could get the wine out anyway I hope you all had a great Christmas.   πŸŽ…πŸŽ…β›„

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »
JJ.   One solution to the boot light problem is to use a miniature PIR and a 3v relay. (I can send you details if your interested). You can set the time the light remains on for so you can leave the boot lid open and the light will go off after a set time and the switch back on when you walk back up to it.

Hope the neck gets better soon.

Wishing you and Brian a happy new year.

M
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
Thank you Mike that would be most helpful can't move much at the moment neck still playing me up but I've got to get the car finished ready for the show in February. Hope you and the family had a great Christmas I bet the cats like the Turkey not sure about gorgeous George but I suppose you could always give him a banana anyway take care mate John James

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »
Morning lads sorry I haven't posted anything for a while had a lot of trouble with my neck but I'm back in the garage now connected up my heater Saturday morning and then we had a power cut. So open the garage door and switched the car on had it running for about 20 minutes the heater is quite good especially when you turn the fan on.

But word of warning when you turn the heat on make sure the fan is off put the heat down to the footwell vents switch your hoover on and then start the fan on I had a cloud of fibreglass dust glad I didn't switch it on full. I remember the problems with the dust on my west coast I was itching 4 weeks anyway we'll post some pictures later tonight or tomorrow have glued the carpet in. Hoping to work on my radio today will show pictures later and happy new year from John James.  8).  8)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:43:58 AM by johnjames »

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2018, 12:25:41 AM »
Just after Christmas I tried my radio box in the car with the carpet fitted and the leather on the gearbox housing as you can see it's what I made of MDF

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2018, 12:30:13 AM »
mdf radio box
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:45:45 AM by johnjames »

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2018, 12:35:38 AM »
Had my radio box delivered early this morning my friend made a good job of red leather I've now fitted it and actually got it working another job 2 tick off the list

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2018, 12:39:37 AM »
finished radio

jaguartvr

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
Stunning.
Love the red.

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »
Thank you for that. Yes it's starting to come together hoping to get the seats in by the week end. At least I can have some music what I'm working have used the speakers in the foot Wells and two speakers at the back. Not that I will hear much when I'm driving with the roof down a good little radio with Bluetooth and USB socket really good find anyway back to the garage finish my cup of tea will finish off the door cards and I've got some work to do in the boot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:16:24 AM by johnjames »

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2018, 10:15:14 AM »
I like that
Retired & living the dream

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2018, 10:20:45 AM »
Hi guys I am going to fit a 12 volt socket in the boot so that I can recharge my torch or I can use my electric foot pump does anyone know what size amp fuse I should use. Answers on a postcard only kidding. Also guys what tyre pressures are you running on your 250 looking forward to your replies have a great day John James.  8)  8)