Author Topic: Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 30th Apr/1st May 2017  (Read 10666 times)

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
Re: Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 30th Apr/1st May 2017
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 05:43:12 PM »
hi montman
what motocross event was that ? im an ex motocross rider do you ride mx ??

stoneleigh was ace and a great laugh defo having the stand again next year thats for sure

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »
I must agree with Lee.  I'm totally gobsmacked. It's not as if it was far away for you.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

montman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 06:47:02 PM »
Yes beemaman have been riding since early 1970's it's my first love got up to championship level and rode in quite a few.This event was planned last year ,have 2 Internationals coming up  that we organize and run as well.The track is in Penkridge,we have a marquee with a live band and bar at these big events well it's big for a local motorcross event,riders from all over Europe attend the Internationals.

Cars are a very close second as i have had quite a few nice ones when i was younger that were very quick,raced them at santa pod and around the silverstone track when we were invited down also around the streets of B'ham when they had the super Prix, even around streets of Coventry when they used to shut the streets off and have a possession of cars go around. 

There's always next years show it's about what   12 months away?.

So you see motocross and cars it's a tough decision when both dates collide.

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »
Hi
Yes I've raced that track a few years back.i rode for Cannock club for 15 years on and off with injuries ranging from 125 seniors/experts to 450 fourstroke.my friends live penkridge and still race at that track.
Loved mx it was my life til I got so many injuries I had to retire.had my second acl reconstruction last year and it's pretty knackered.would still race  tomorow if I could but mx is still in the blood and never leaves.once you've raced it's etched for life.just ordered my new triumph street triple rs road bike to replace my existing street triple r :) road bikes only now I'm afraid lol