Author Topic: West Coast aero kit  (Read 3447 times)

STRDAL360

• View Profile
West Coast aero kit
« on: June 27, 2015, 02:32:54 AM »
Hi chaps,

How many styles of the aero kit does DNA make for West Coast?

I understand there is a post on the forum of "Hamann" aero kit but I personally prefer a rear spoiler with "legs" or stabilizers, giving a slight GT flavour to the car.

STRDAL360

• View Profile
Re: West Coast aero kit
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 01:20:12 AM »
Great to see DNA will soon have Aero Styling System up and running on their website.

Hopefully there will be different varieties offered for each of their kits and with carbon fibre as an option.  ;)

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 10:52:42 AM »
STRDAL.    There is only one Aero kit for the West Coast.  It consists of a pair of front splitter extensions.  These fit beautifully.
A pair of front and rear cill extensions.  These do work well.  After only a short (DNA to home ) jurney the front one especially is covered in road dirt but the cill under the door and running back to the rear brake ducts were very much cleaner than before.
The rear wing is quite small.  With the rear of the car being so high visibility in the mirror is limited anyway so the height of the wing was kept down and is only just visible in the mirror.  Remember the West Coast is a GT not a sports car so doesn't need so many aerodynamic aids.  Then SL as standard can pull .95G in bends, that's more than I can handle.
As for what people are calling their cars, that's up to them.  Hamann seems to be the popular choice but you could call it a Novitec or a Khan, the choice is yours.  I don't have the wheels that look like those from any of the tunning companies so I just call mine a West Coast Aero.p
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

STRDAL360

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:27:43 AM »
Thanks, Furrari.  :D

I do like the look of the Hamann rear wing. But the cost is too high for an original. Was hoping that DNA will be able to offer other choices.

Rear mirror visibility is a very good point. I am still in the planning stage for this kit so will have to think about that one. Do I want to look good with the wing, or do I want to keep visibility? That's a tough one.

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
I agree it would be nice to have variouse options but the problem with this is the cost of the moulds.   We did offer up a 430 rear wing.  It might look good on a 430 but on a West Coast it just looked silly.  We also tried a prototype lip spoiled.  It did nothing for the looks and was visually ineffective.

I would have preferred a longer wing but the problem with that was that it would crack if it was leaned on and would need a centre mount.

Planning.   This is the hard part.  Make your mind up.  That's it.  Sorted.  And then change it half a dozen times more when you see what others have done, what you see on other cars, what you like, what you don't like.   Have fun.

M
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

STRDAL360

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »
I would have thought the Hamann styled aero kit would stir up some interest if it was an option for West Coast.  ;)

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 06:50:56 PM »
Hi STRDAL 360

JohnJames here I looked at quite a few real wings but they all looked silly on the car have you seen my hamann special up close it looks completely different than in the pictures not sure where you live but I will be at the Windsor show Sunday, 9 August anyway have a great weekend.  J J
Drive it like you stole it

STRDAL360

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 11:44:07 AM »
Hi, johnjames,

Yes, saw your post and I do like the look of your car.