Author Topic: Embarrassing Bodys  (Read 7366 times)

FBP3rd

• View Profile
Embarrassing Bodys
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:07:09 PM »
as it sounds, weve all had lots and lots of cars. some we are very proud to have owned , bought, built, restored,sold, wish we never sold.... but deep down theres always one or two that brings a little sick to the back of your mouth.so dont hold back the worse the better . so here we go   Embarrassing Bodys     freddy p  :-[

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassing Bodys
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:37:56 PM »
I once had a Lada for a night whilst mine was having a clutch fitted.. Was only 18, talk about a pulling car!! every girl wanted to get in it for a laugh :-)  I didn't want to give it back the next day. :-)

The fat one..

Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:46:26 PM »
My first car. It was standard when I bought it. I know it doesn't show but I spend a lot of time working on it. It had a CB radio and a speaker behind the rad to shout at pedestrians. Good times!

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 11:07:26 PM »
MADMAN

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Re: Get your car on the front page...
« Reply #32 on: Today at 09:38:12 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Quote from: FBP3rd on Today at 09:19:19 PM
i know you had a 131,you told me a long time ago and thats why i mentioned it. Grin. i had a yellow one for a short while.but now we know madmans had yellow cars in the past what else hasnt he told us!!!!!daz
             My first car was a convertible............................... a 50 something Bond with an Excelsior engine, you had to climb into the engine bay and kick it up like a motorbike Grin Then I progressed to an Isetta bubble car, enough said I,ll save the rest for at a show and give this thread back to Get your car on the front page Wink
MADMAN Cool
   Report to moderator   78.145.166.38

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 11:11:59 PM »
OK so I got them out of order ;D
MADMAN 8)

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 11:32:32 PM »
well steve (cdr) thats a fine start, all i can remember of that lada was   Steering , brakes and a very sloppy box (i'll do the jokes if you dont mind madman).i think dem pesky ruskies bought the rights off fiat for the body but they used the gubbins off horse carts to connect them to the ground  :-X.The best thing about the lada you had steve was you only had it one night ::)   i must say though it could of been alot worse, you could of had a Vauxhall chevette :'(!!!! fredd p

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 11:58:27 PM »
My first car. It was standard when I bought it. I know it doesn't show but I spend a lot of time working on it. It had a CB radio and a speaker behind the rad to shout at pedestrians. Good times!
   hi monster im 48 and guess your about the same ish,(i know people i dont look it)CB radio was like social media for those who dont know what it is.it must of been hard to share this pic of your first car monster,your pimped up chuvet with wella white eight spokes ,spot light rack ,matt finnish and mirror tints,it must be like having a nightmare over and over. its a long time ago and its time to forget it :o :o....freddy p. ps what about dem wing mirrors?

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 12:04:44 AM »
MADMAN 8)
      ????

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »
MADMAN 8)
      ????
           Daz,
                 I cut and paste my posts from "get your car" thought I,d done well :-\ but realized I posted them not in the original order
more later
MADMAN 8)

Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »
Well the title is embarrassing bodies and it is that. What the pic doesn't show is the body coloured slats over the rear window & the bank of illuminated toggle switches mounted above the windscreen. Best bit is that someone bought it off me for £600!

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »
i hope you keeped his phone number  ::) ::)freddy p

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »
I had a much maligned Moskvich ( it's not a Mosk"o" vich.). Great for towing my mini to events.  1600 BMW engine with an overhead cam as thick as a mini crankshaft.
Heater like a Victorian log burning stove designed for Russian winters; it could take the hair off your leg it was so hot.
I also trialed it (PCT) with a lot of success.  The (front) suspension was brilliant and could take negative camber with just a few "C" washers.

It only lacked two things.  A gun turret and any brakes.  They were drum all round with ex Russian army horse blankets as lining.  You soon learned to reline your own brakes ( how many people learn how to do that these days). You also leaned which bits from other cars fitted.

Fun fun fun.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 09:21:35 PM »
OMG!!!  i remember them a friend had one..werent they two stroke with no oil tank, had to mix at petrol station and front n/s drive only , or was that my wartberg. :'( freddy p

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »
i had a wartberg :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:37:52 PM by FBP3rd »

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
Thats the one Mick, I think I pushed mine further than I drove it ::) but not many people drove a convertible at 16 ;D ;D 
definitely not many who owned up to having a Bond ::)
after Isetta, I bought a Triumph Herald convertible from the Auctions (my first time at block) short MOT,
you guessed, it failed MOT on a rotten chassis the mechanic said scrap it the chassis is like a wheatabix. At 17 I thought I knew better and filled the chassis with body filler then undersealed it, Wahey new MOT. Two months later it broke completely in half.
Finished up I took engine and gearbox out and used it to drive the hare around a greyhound track till the council shut us down :'(
Definitely Happy days MADMAN