Author Topic: Get your car on the front page...  (Read 40211 times)

paulcas

• View Profile
Re: Get your car on the front page...
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 06:07:31 PM »
high paul, lovely to see your car on forum home page,looks the dogs danglys.i had a fiat 131 in yellow, long time ago .i bet even madmans had a yellow car or two in his time. ::) ::)daz

Cheers Daz, talking of Fiat 131s, I had a black Mirafiori sport for 16 years before it finally died of rust! And before i bought my 360, i imported a silver 131 sport from New Zealand. Stage 2 twin cam, twin 45s, high lift cam. 160 bhp. Now that was the dogs danglys. But, just had to sell it when I found out about the existence of the DNA cars!  
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:14:25 PM by paulcas »

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:19 PM »
i know you had a 131,you told me a long time ago and thats why i mentioned it. ;D. i had a yellow one for a short while.but now we know madmans had yellow cars in the past what else hasnt he told us!!!!!daz

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
i know you had a 131,you told me a long time ago and thats why i mentioned it. ;D. i had a yellow one for a short while.but now we know madmans had yellow cars in the past what else hasnt he told us!!!!!daz
             My first car was a convertible............................... a 50 something Bond with an Excelsior engine, you had to climb into the engine bay and kick it up like a motorbike ;D Then I progressed to an Isetta bubble car, enough said I,ll save the rest for at a show and give this thread back to Get your car on the front page ;)
MADMAN 8)

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 09:52:05 PM »
embarrassing bodys. new thread then madman. sounds like youve had a few

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
Madman.
My mate had Bond Mk F with the same starting arrangement.  If I remember correctly being a two stroke it could be started backwards.  It had a combined starter and charging system called a "ceba" ( or something pronounced like that.)  If the engine backfired it broke the Woodruff key, hence the kickstart.
It had been hand painted many times. 
One day the screen broke.  Simple job to fit a new screen but it took us two days to get the roof off first, and as the roof covered the top of the screen it had to come off.

Oh happy days.

Mick
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 09:38:04 PM »
Steve, sorry to muck you about, but but can I change my cover photo to this one? It is just the fact the garage door is open on my original one ruins the picture i bit i think. i think this one is much better. cheers matey

Paulie

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 09:40:59 PM »
Thats the one Mick, I think I pushed mine further than I drove it ::) but not many people drove a convertible at 16 ;D ;D  
definitely not many who owned up to having a Bond ::)
after Isetta, I bought a Triumph Herald convertible from the Auctions (my first time at block) short MOT,
you guessed, it failed MOT on a rotten chassis the mechanic said scrap it the chassis is like a wheatabix. At 17 I thought I knew better and filled the chassis with body filler then undersealed it, Wahey new MOT. Two months later it broke completely in half.
Finished up I took engine and gearbox out and used it to drive the hare around a greyhound track till the council shut us down :'(
Definitely Happy days MADMAN

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 10:01:06 PM »
A lad at school had an Isetta.  Our favourite tick was to pick it up (with him in it) and park it up against a wall, and leave him.  ( for the youngsters who don't know the Isetta, only door is on the front opening outwards and no reverse gear).  It got written off when he drove past a gap in the hedge on a windy day and it fell over.
As for cars falling in half.  Not quite but a mate and I shared a mini for rallying.  After a very rough event the handling went off a mite.  The car had spit across the sills and the entire floor apart from the seat belt mounts.  That took a bit of weld to sort.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 10:56:31 AM »
My Isetta had a reverse 8) they were supposed to have been blanked off for a 16 year old to drive. My pals used to carry mine off on many occasions when parked in town. 
There is a very large roundabout on a council estate near me and I used to go round and round faster and faster till it was on two wheels,
I tried and tried to get a full circle on two wheels rolling it over three or four times on different days. Eventually I did manage it. ;D
Not to be recommended it could be illegal (just in case, this is fiction ;) ;) )
MADMAN 8)   

ghall164

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »
Haha hehe now is that why they call you mad man

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 08:16:42 PM »
Steve, sorry to muck you about, but but can I change my cover photo to this one? It is just the fact the garage door is open on my original one ruins the picture i bit i think. i think this one is much better. cheers matey

Paulie

Hi fella, sorry for the delay... updated the frontpage for you.

Thanks,
The fat one..

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
Thanks a million Steve

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 09:06:15 PM »
how about these..

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
Hay Wayne.... You need permission to post pictures of my car... Lol.  Lol... Lol... ;D

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 09:36:42 PM »
sorry lee ile delete them :)

just showing off your lovley beast so people can see whats coming to stoneleigh next year and with all your little extras will be awesome..

v6 :)