Author Topic: Automotive Finesse - A slight change..!  (Read 1133 times)

Lee22

• View Profile
Automotive Finesse - A slight change..!
« on: April 21, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »
Evening all, been a long time..!
It’s been a difficult last 2 years, I’ll not lie, with the COVID pandemic and lockdown..
We’ve found it partially hard personally with family, etc…

Anyway,  on a better not.. 2022

So a fair few of you know the car of mine, and know the history.

As you also know, once Wayne sold the car, it past through 2 other owners before falling into my hands, 8 years ago… OMG..!

Since then, a fair amount of work has been done on the car to bring this beauty back to the look she deserves.

So the chapter continues in 2022…….

In late Jan ‘22 Rudy and Merick from ‘Automotive Finesse’ came to the house to look at my car, with reference to taking it in to getting it polished, ceramic coated and basically detailed and looking sharp…. Both Rudy and Merick spotted a couple of cracks in the fibreglass and in particular, a very nasty chip in the top of the wing near the bonnet, where I believe a previous owner had placed a metal bracket to hold the bonnet down, instead of aligning the bracket on the bonnet correctly..!
Anyway, these were to be looked at at the same time, to see if anything could be done, with reference to ‘blowing them in’ without me seeing the work..!

So, the end of Feb’22 comes and the car goes to Doncaster, and is inspected, and I’m asked to go, to talk through the list of endless options I want to do to the car…. (Wow, professional isn’t the word..!)

Well, to cut a very long story.. the more we talked and looked at the car under the proper lights, and the more we did look, the more we found….!  It looked like the car had been washed with a scouring pad at some point, as the paint was in a shocking state, and there were more stone chips and cracks (once you start to look) than I first thought.
So Merick and Rudy set too, correcting the bodywork, chips, cracks, splits, you name it..!

It was a big decision to make, but I then decided that it was easier/cheaper to not have Merick blow in the areas, as there were just too many that had been repaired, so I bit the bullet and we went for it..!
The whole car has been completely repainted from front to back, and has had numerous coats of paint and of classic lacquer on it too.

I have lost count the number of times I have see the car in paint, then rubbed down, then gloss, then rubbed down again, then polished… ;D

The depth of the paint and gloss is insane..! Not to mention the flawless paint… not a mark to be seen anywhere..!

But to top it off, we decided to change the wheels for OZ superleggea ones BUT in the Ferrari 430 Oro Gold too.
And then, because the original stripe had to come off because of the painting, I decided (no easy thing to do) to go with the Italia stripes instead.

I hope you agree, the transformation is epic, and I’ll post some more picture at the weekend when I go to pick it up on Saturday at Automotive Finesse’s guest open day.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 10:54:01 PM by Lee22 »

redhot

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Automotive Finesse - A slight change..!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 05:18:45 PM »
Its a masterpiece, looking forward to seeing the car in person.

Excellent wheel choice.

rudycob1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 11:46:22 PM »
Glad you are happy with the car.
It looks great and Thankyou for trusting us at Automotive Finesse with your baby.

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 08:04:20 PM »
Couple more picts