Author Topic: NEED PAID CONSULTATION ON DN8 FERRARI REPLICA  (Read 16044 times)

ImportExportBroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
NEED PAID CONSULTATION ON DN8 FERRARI REPLICA
« on: July 03, 2013, 09:46:06 PM »
Greetings,

My name is Michael. I live in Los Angeles, CA, United States. I'm interested in learning about the included features of a DN8 Ferrari 458 Italia replica kit.

I've done allot of research. I've read many exotic car owner blogs. I've noticed there is a stigma from genuine Ferrari owners against replica owners. And I can understand their frustration.

However I cannot justify purchasing the real thing. It all started when I asked myself what I am actually "getting" in return for a $235,000.00 car? Conclusion: A powerful high status symbol image of masculinity and success that leaves not doubt about the driver in the mind of the observer. Check. This is certainly worth allot to me. However, at the same time I feel Ferrari has not 'evolved' enough to justify their asking prices. And the fact these cars (Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborigini etc) can be near perfectly replicated, in my mind, proves their cars are simply not worth $235,000.00 - $500,000+).

And that's just the outside. Keep in mind, for $235,000.00 I'm also receiving a car with an interior as barren as a spinsters womb, with low reliability and outrageous repair costs and insurance premiums to match.

However as previously stated the status, power, image, and raw feel of the car simply cannot be beat. However, at the same time, I don't still don't feel that is worth the asking price.

Now that's out of the way; I would like to discuss my options and pricing with someone who is knowledgeable about Ferrari replicas.

Thank you for your assistance.

sundog

• View Profile
Re: NEED PAID CONSULTATION ON DN8 FERRARI REPLICA
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:52:53 PM »
Hi export.

I totally agree with you about the prices of a genuine car and servicing costs etc etc.

I myself am having a dn8 (458) built ,and you must believe me when I say when you see the kit in the flesh fully built ( at a show or somewhere ) it will take your breath away because I'm telling you now there is NO difference at all ...bar a few very very small definetly unnoticeable things.

It even has a great sound too!! And I will take this change to yet again congratulate DNA on there work they are by no shadow of a doubt the cream of the crop , the best of the best , and certainly unmatchable in every aspect , not just quality of kits but service and hospitality.

The dn8 is a fantastic kit and I would highly recommend you purchasing one. It is expensive (14995) for the body kit and 4500 for the Interior ( but you could have this made in any colour and prefance ) but you get what you pay for and it's amazing in every way. If you need any help just talk to me or the the fellow members :)
sonny :)

ImportExportBroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:22:27 AM »
Thank you Sonny. That's awesome. I did notice the steering wheel is on the left side on DNA's replicas. Do they build for the US Market too? I'm assuming I would import their kit, then find a highly qualified builder in the US to complete it. I'd like a V12 engine or whatever engine makes the most noise. Something even more louder and brutish than the original 458. I would also like the revs to have that "running" sound when in park/neutral similar to the original. I'd like to go all out to make sure this is indistinguishable from the original 458. I'm in Los Angeles and I'm sure the first thing I will hear is "is it real?". I'm certain people (specifically men) will be poking around it trying to point out it's a replica therefore the more real it is the better.

Until Ferrari builds something with the luxury of a fully loaded Lexus interior and a stunning hard to duplicate exterior; I really do not see any financial sense in paying $235,000.00 for a car that can be replicated to near accuracy as what they currently have on the market.

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
Greetings,

My name is Michael. I live in Los Angeles, CA, United States. I'm interested in learning about the included features of a DN8 Ferrari 458 Italia replica kit.

I've done allot of research. I've read many exotic car owner blogs. I've noticed there is a stigma from genuine Ferrari owners against replica owners. And I can understand their frustration.

However I cannot justify purchasing the real thing. It all started when I asked myself what I am actually "getting" in return for a $235,000.00 car? Conclusion: A powerful high status symbol image of masculinity and success that leaves not doubt about the driver in the mind of the observer. Check. This is certainly worth allot to me. However, at the same time I feel Ferrari has not 'evolved' enough to justify their asking prices. And the fact these cars (Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborigini etc) can be near perfectly replicated, in my mind, proves their cars are simply not worth $235,000.00 - $500,000+).

And that's just the outside. Keep in mind, for $235,000.00 I'm also receiving a car with an interior as barren as a spinsters womb, with low reliability and outrageous repair costs and insurance premiums to match.

However as previously stated the status, power, image, and raw feel of the car simply cannot be beat. However, at the same time, I don't still don't feel that is worth the asking price.

Now that's out of the way; I would like to discuss my options and pricing with someone who is knowledgeable about Ferrari replicas.

Thank you for your assistance.

ive seen the dn8 in the flesh and there is NO telling its a replica at all trust me its immence.

in terms of engine size the standerd v6 2.5 has a very aggresive growl and itbfoes pur when in idle aswell.
have a look on my youtube channel of the video i have of a dn8 .. then go and conpare it sounds 95% simular esp in take off.

as far as im aware i dont think its possible for a v12 in a couger ... and even if it was the cost would be huge. engine fitting service ... frames ... too much and wont sound any better than a dn8 decatted.

dna only build RHD cars i think but to be fair i think they would build you one on a keft hand ... just call them and talk to them there great guys very friendly.

but if not getting found out that its a replica is what you want then trust me you will have no problem. try to come to a show over here in the uk and you will see how good these are in the flesh there amazing. hope that helps

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »

tbag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »
Thank you Sonny. That's awesome. I did notice the steering wheel is on the left side on DNA's replicas. Do they build for the US Market too? I'm assuming I would import their kit, then find a highly qualified builder in the US to complete it. I'd like a V12 engine or whatever engine makes the most noise. Something even more louder and brutish than the original 458. I would also like the revs to have that "running" sound when in park/neutral similar to the original. I'd like to go all out to make sure this is indistinguishable from the original 458. I'm in Los Angeles and I'm sure the first thing I will hear is "is it real?". I'm certain people (specifically men) will be poking around it trying to point out it's a replica therefore the more real it is the better.

Until Ferrari builds something with the luxury of a fully loaded Lexus interior and a stunning hard to duplicate exterior; I really do not see any financial sense in paying $235,000.00 for a car that can be replicated to near accuracy as what they currently have on the market.

yes they do both left and right hand drive dashboards for all there cars, and now including the dn8 :)

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »
Honestly, you may be expecting too much from a replica, the DNA DN8 is a great looking car and the finish is excellent, BUT it's a ford mercury under the bonnet etc..

The donor is front wheel drive, approximate cost of conversion to a rear engined Audi rs4 v8 440hp normally aspirated rear wheel drive will be around £11,000

Then you've got the kit, or if you wish to buy a turnkey you're talking an additional £30,000+ depending on chosen spec.

This will give you a top marque replica of substantial power which will happily rev to 8000rpm. There are various Lambo Murci replicas available in the US, the best being a John Watson spaceframe replica.  Uk based Spyder Sports cars will build you a Gallardo replica with an Audi rs4 v8 on a space frame, these cars are undistinguishable from the real thing in replica terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSJzJ1SmGA

Hope this helps
D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:57:06 PM by Dangerrous »
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

ImportExportBroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGAfeQcR9Vg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

heres the link. then compare to a genuine 458

if they could make a V-6 sound that good I imagine they could make a V-8 sound like a V-12. I would want a V-8 at the minimum because I want this thing to really roar. I'm guessing a rear mounted engine would provide more room.

ImportExportBroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »
Honestly, you may be expecting too much from a replica, the DNA DN8 is a great looking car and the finish is excellent, BUT it's a ford mercury under the bonnet etc..

The donor is front wheel drive, approximate cost of conversion to a rear engined Audi rs4 v8 440hp normally aspirated rear wheel drive will be around £11,000

Then you've got the kit, or if you wish to buy a turnkey you're talking an additional £30,000+ depending on chosen spec.

This will give you a top marque replica of substantial power which will happily rev to 8000rpm. There are various Lambo Murci replicas available in the US, the best being a John Watson spaceframe replica.  Uk based Spyder Sports cars will build you a Gallardo replica with an Audi rs4 v8 on a space frame, these cars are undistinguishable from the real thing in replica terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSJzJ1SmGA

Hope this helps
D

Ford Mercury has allot of engines on Wikapedia. Lot's of V-8's. Can a V-12 fit in the back of the DNA Italia Replica? The you tube link you provided is awesome. The sound is close to real. But is their any reason Spyder Sports Cars cannot build this for a Ferrari Italia for use with a DNA kit? I'm not acclimated with replicas yet. I've scoured the internet and I've only found 2 companies with 100% exact looking molds/kits (so far).

1) North American Replicas - They used to make Lam Diablo kits 100% identical to a real Lam Diablo. They were sued by Lam and closed down.
2) DNA Replicas

I want the Ferrari 458. It's got a see through engine. The Lam Murci has too much bulk in the back. No see through engine. The Lam Gallardo is awesome but it's too small and my neighbor already has one. My goal is to get a car that looks and sounds 100% real. I don't like Aston Martin's. But if I had a choice between an Aston Martin that's looks and sounds 100% real and a Ferrari 458 Italia that' looks and sounds 90-95% real I would chose the Aston Martin. Getting caught with a fake is embarrassing.

I don't know any of the builders. I saw a guy on you tube building Lam's in his garage ... but I don't know. The other thing is other builders point the fingers calling each other scams. So I don't know who to trust. I don't want to deal with a middle man. I get the feeling Super Replica's is a middle man even though they say they are a manufacturer.

Basically for me the best thing to do is to pay more for a detailed quality job.   

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 10:45:14 PM »
In short I wouldn't trust anybody apart from DNA .. Uk  I know the guys and met them there real and genuine.

Dude you must understand no replica is 100% that's why it's called a replica however the dn8 is easily 95-97% correct in the flesh , and sounds awesome , if however you wanted to drop a v8 or v12 in there you would spend an absolute fortune! ' and I take it you would like to have a rear engined dn8? Well that's going to cost all in all well in excess of over 50k so far you would have to re arrange the whole car like re locate half of the car to the front , space frames , the whole Lot!

Defo not worth that effort mate , the dn8 is amazing I'm building one now and it's gonna be great.

Theres an old saying that fits this occasion now.

Don't fix what's not broke. And trust me DNAs kits and service are not broke :)

ImportExportBroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 12:13:05 AM »
In short I wouldn't trust anybody apart from DNA .. Uk  I know the guys and met them there real and genuine.

Dude you must understand no replica is 100% that's why it's called a replica however the dn8 is easily 95-97% correct in the flesh , and sounds awesome , if however you wanted to drop a v8 or v12 in there you would spend an absolute fortune! ' and I take it you would like to have a rear engined dn8? Well that's going to cost all in all well in excess of over 50k so far you would have to re arrange the whole car like re locate half of the car to the front , space frames , the whole Lot!

Defo not worth that effort mate , the dn8 is amazing I'm building one now and it's gonna be great.

They might not be "broke" on the outside but they are not perfect if they can only accommodate a V-6.

$50k is very reasonable. The more authentic the car is the more enjoyment you receive and the higher the resale value.

There are videos of replicas all over you tube totaling millions of views. People are catching onto replicas. When people see the car they will say "I wonder if it's real". They will carefully scrutinize it. The last thing I want is to come back to my car, see a group of people standing around and hear "nice replica".

The noise the v-6 makes is close. But if you listen carefully, it doesn't sound identical to the noises from real 458 Ferrari's in Monaco, for instance. A V-6 engine with noise coming from the front takes away from the authenticity of the car.

There has got to be a way to build a car with V-8 V-12 rear wheel drive using the DNA AND amplify the sound with the muffler setup. Is the DNA mold just incompatible with a rear mounted V-8 or V-12 engine?

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 12:26:28 AM »

They might not be "broke" on the outside but they are not perfect if they can only accommodate a V-6.

$50k is very reasonable. The more authentic the car is the more enjoyment you receive and the higher the resale value.

There are videos of replicas all over you tube totaling millions of views. People are catching onto replicas. When people see the car they will say "I wonder if it's real". They will carefully scrutinize it. The last thing I want is to come back to my car, see a group of people standing around and hear "nice replica".

The noise the v-6 makes is close. But if you listen carefully, it doesn't sound identical to the noises from real 458 Ferrari's in Monaco, for instance. A V-6 engine with noise coming from the front takes away from the authenticity of the car.

There has got to be a way to build a car with V-8 V-12 rear wheel drive using the DNA AND amplify the sound with the muffler setup. Is the DNA mold just incompatible with a rear mounted V-8 or V-12 engine?

Then id suggest you'd buy a real 458 because as I satiated before mate it's a replica ... There's not much noise coming from the front at all actually and the exhaust sound is much greater distracting what little noise from the front it has.

On a plus side theres hardly Any 458 reps around so much much less chance of someone yelling nice replica ... What are you going to do,when there's a group of people surrounding the car asking you to open the glass and show them the engine?  I would tell them it's a replica I have no problem with that.

If I worried what people thought of me I'd simply tale out a 458 on finance and waste over 230k lol

In terms of a v8 v12 I'm sure it can be done but or depends what's your budget? :)

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 02:04:39 AM »
W.O.T.
Steve

wishing we could get cars like these legally registered downunder