Author Topic: Dan @ Adrian Flux Insurance  (Read 11351 times)

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Novice
    • View Profile
Dan @ Adrian Flux Insurance
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
Hi everyone.

This is just a short introduction, I’m Dan and I’ve worked for Adrian Flux Insurance for nearly 24 years.

If any of you on here have any general insurance queries or specific problems with Adrian Flux insurance please let me know. I have handpicked a small but dedicated team of staff who with me will try and assist you wherever possible. I can assure you we will be completely impartial despite being on the payroll of Adrian Flux. If we have messed-up we will acknowledge that and make efforts to get it corrected. If any of you do not understand an insurer’s viewpoint we will do our best to clearly explain it.

It could be problems ranging from simple paperwork issues to major claim disputes. With our many years of experience we should be able to answer most queries immediately. If there were issues or a problem that we can’t answer directly we would ensure that a relevant manager investigates these and we would then be able to relay an answer back.

I hope this will be of some help for you.

On behalf of myself and my team, thanks very much.

Dan.

Adrian Flux Insurance Services

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Novice
    • View Profile
Adrian Flux Insurance - Contact Information
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
Hi,

Below are various telephone numbers for our quotes floor. Please feel free to use the one you think is the most suitable.
The easiest way to get through to the right team is just to advise the reception of the type of vehicle you need a quote on an they'll put you straight through.

0800 089 0035
01553 845871
0333 5555000

tricky

• skateboarding is not a crime
    • View Profile
Re: Dan @ Adrian Flux Insurance
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
Can I ask what's your company's view on getting the car registered with the dvla with a different title
My insurance company have asked what was the name of the kit and put that on the policy even though my car is still a ford cougar on the v5

crossy

• Don't you just love traffic cops!
    • View Profile
    • Collagen Light Therapy and Sunbed Hire & Sales
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:40:07 AM »
Hi Dan,

I didn't renew my policy this year with Adrian Flux as there was an error on the Policy documents which, despite numerous requests to your company, it wasn't corrected.

Basically, I run 2 businesses so have several vehicles insured with "named drivers" on them. Unfortunately, 3 years ago one of my drivers nudged a car, the accident was totally his fault and a claim was duly made against my policy. I accept and agree that as the Policyholder this accident will affect my no claims bonus for probably up to 5 years after the accident.

Now what I don't accept is to have written prominently under driving history on my Kit Car Policy is :- "Insured hit another vehicle from behind" As I am the "Insured", this statement was clearly stating that "I" had hit another car and was totally incorrect!

Forgive me for ranting a bit but I'm sure most people on here will agree that if one of us were to fill out an Insurance application form and put something down that was blatantly incorrect then we  would be well and truly screwed if we then tried to claim.

When I pointed out this error on the Policy to Adrian Flux staff I was told, "It couldn't be corrected as the Policy had already be printed" but they could send me a letter saying that they were aware that it was not me that had the accident!!!  Guess what....the letter never arrived which was why my Policy was NOT renewed.

First simple question Dan, Why couldn't they update the incorrect information on the Policy? I take my driving very seriously and have NEVER had an accident in over 30 years of driving despite driving around 2000 miles a week! I did express my concerns VERY clearly that after accruing such a good driving record I wasn't prepared to accept this on my Policy but alas my concerns fell on deaf ears. RESULT = LOSS OF MY BUSINESS WITH YOU.

Now, you are probably going to reply to this with a "Politicians answer" something on the lines of how you can't comment on individual cases or that you weren't aware of the situation. I'm now challenging you to respond to this and give me the proper explanation I deserved but never got when I was a customer of your company.
Hoping to enjoy half an hour in heaven..........before the devil knows I'm dead!

Phils99

• If I build it, it will work!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:23:32 AM »
Just rang this morning for my quote...as I have 2 other cars with full no claims, they will mirror this onto this third policy for me!

The bottom line was ........ £217 with an agreed valuation of £25k! Brilliant!

It was a very painless call, all I need to do is send a bunch of photos to them, the photos and angles they require will be in the email they send...

...he also said he had just done a quote for a DNA based on an SL500 AMG....anyone on here? :-)
What colour should a Ferrari be?...ROSSO of course!

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:34:50 AM »
Phill.  Not just done but mine was arranged at Stoneliegh last year  cost was about £350 with an agreed value of £38,000
As you say, very painless company to deal with.  Don't know what they are like if you submit a claim ( and I hope I don't )

I have used them going back to GTM days.  I changed from a 1.4 metro engine to a 1.8 VVC 160 engine.  Changed details on line " yeh, no problems, send us an extra £18.00 pounds."  Job done.  Definatly my first choice.

Mick
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Just rang this morning for my quote...as I have 2 other cars with full no claims, they will mirror this onto this third policy for me!

The bottom line was ........ £217 with an agreed valuation of £25k! Brilliant!

It was a very painless call, all I need to do is send a bunch of photos to them, the photos and angles they require will be in the email they send...

...he also said he had just done a quote for a DNA based on an SL500 AMG....anyone on here? :-)

Hi,

Glad we were able to assist.

Any issues throughout the duration of the policy, I am only ever a PM away!

Kind regards
Dan.

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »
I insured my DN8 with Flux and although never made a claim would NEVER go with them again. Extremely inefficient and when challenged ( I had not received paperwork) did not seem remotely interested. Each to their own obviously but they are not for me.

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 09:03:05 PM »
It seems Adrian Flux are as variable as the French rugby team.  I get all my paperwork via email and have no problems.  I wonder why the difference ?
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Phils99

• If I build it, it will work!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 09:06:52 PM »
most "paperwork" is a login to the website to access your docs and has been for a few years now!
What colour should a Ferrari be?...ROSSO of course!

Sir Percival

• Per ardua ad astra - through hard work, a Vauxhall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 10:18:54 PM »
I used the services of Mr Flux back in the late 80's whilst building my wife her Domino Pimlico. Insurance for the actual build process cost me 35 quid for the year....and during that year she saved far more than that by gaining her first years no claims discount...even though it wasn't on the road. :D

....paid the insurance for a year and still had change for a visit to the picture house, 6 pints of warm ale, a fish and chip supper and a visit to the tattooist for an artistic rendering of Lana Turner, in full colour, on my hairless chest......now she looks like she has grown a bit of a beard, poor woman.......ahhh what happened to the good old days of yesteryear, when you could get a government grant for building a kit car, and hiding under the kitchen table could save you from a global nuclear exchange? ::)
If Airfix plastic model planes are made exactly to scale, why don't they fly?

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 10:33:59 AM »
@ Phils99....... I am an ex squaddie, thick as , and old school. Paperwork is the only way I run my life and its the way I like it.
Firms who want business have to suit us dinosaurs as well. I wanted hard copies , Simple as !

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 11:31:40 AM »
I insured my DN8 with Flux and although never made a claim would NEVER go with them again. Extremely inefficient and when challenged ( I had not received paperwork) did not seem remotely interested. Each to their own obviously but they are not for me.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that.

We do offer a paperless eco-mail version of documents, however we are more than happy to post a hard copy - The option is available any time if you decide to try us again.

Kind regards,
Dan.

jcglazier

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 11:10:26 AM »
Quote of £760 for 5k miles...

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 11:27:09 AM »
Seems very high. But all depends on age/driving history/location of car/type of car, and a few other factors. Are you insuring it as a "kit car"?