Author Topic: Stafford show - September 2008  (Read 16352 times)

360BOY

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bubblegum
Re: Stafford show - September 2008
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »
Hi guys... count me in too.... hoping to be there Satuarday and Sunday, car is nowhere near finnished yet..... but it will be nice to meet all the members and put names to faces..... hope the weather holds out.........!

Mick.... 360 BOY

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »
OK, I went and bought a tent. Don't have any JTF's down south afaik, so had to go out looking.... Got a deal. though it was quite a bit more expensive than £5! (Should defo be a different colour to MADMAN's though.) Thought I'd better have a look at it when I got it home - on the off-chance that I might not look such a newbie when it came to pitching it at Stafford. I'm going to get stick over it - it's a lot bigger than it looked in the bag. Well, actually, the bag is quite big, now I look at it again...... Anyway, this confirms that I will be there Sat night, so that's another 2 for the BBQ! As I've never managed to get to stay for the BBQ at any of these events what's the deal with the catering? I know you can never have too much beer, but as for food... ;-)
 - tenpin

paulm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »
When is Stafford ?

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »
Stafford show is on the 13th and 14th September.

I've started putting the car show events onto our DNAOC calendar so that everyone can see when they are - no excuses for not attending ;-)  ;D

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 09:04:48 PM »
Hey tenpin,
 what is colour? mine is see through polythene ! ( well what do you expect for a fiver. ) plus people want to see my rigger boots.
re. catering for BBQ I,m bringing some bread and jam.   ;D
no seriously what about BBQ ? Rob you were there last BBQ. obviously bring what you want to eat and drink, but is there room on your barbie for all ? or are we better off bringing one? or just charcoal. feedback appreciated. MADMAN

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »
Hi MADMAN, it's a fetching shade of dark blue with some orange writing on it, says something like Halfords. Was hoping to be able to do the car under it when it rained, but the guys outside the store wouldn't let me have those poles! Looks like we'll have room for the rigger boots if your tent is too small.
Anyone know the weather forecast, or if the site's on a slope.... perhaps I ought to bring some extra rope to tie the lilo, oops I mean, air mattress onto so I don't go floating away - Rob's got me worried about that...
- tenpin

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »
Sh-t HALFORDS on the side, must be big, mine has not even got room for the H. even if it was a little h  ;D
As for doing the car in it, I,ve room for toolbox or riggers, but not both.   ;D ;D
there is not room for a HALFORDS size tent in a DNA 360  you must not have finished your build yet tenpin,
 unless like Rob you have follow on support, ( sorry Rob, you will have revenge at Stafford.   ;) ;) )  it,ll def. be bread and jam!
 weather forcast looks like RIGGERS to WADERS. 8)  we should enjoy it regardless.
let the alcohol flow.
                          MADMAN

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 11:10:22 PM »
I've been having some thoughts about how I might squeeze a tent in my 360 - do DNA do a "roof rack" for the engine cover? The other obvious place was the passenger seat, however the passenger has flatly refused to share the seat with anything, let alone the small inconspicuous tent!
 - tenpin

paulm

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »
Cubby holes ? Spare wheel well? 8)

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »
Cubby holes ? Spare wheel well? 8)
You haven't seen the size of the tent! Actually the passenger may have a point.... I'm not sure it would fit even if I removed the passenger seat  :-\
 - tenpin

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 10:47:23 PM »
hey guys,what about a trailer,im sure ive seen a towbar fitted on one.this would solve all probs,[joking] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rob360

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »
Tenpin tie the tent to roof, or look into a towbar, the first 360 pulling a trailer!! Madman got a toaster for your bread, bbq big enough for all, gazebo and some grub. got rope to tie air mattress to van  :) Still be fun if it rains or shines. May have to put my central heating on if it gets cold. Has the £5 tent got a built in ground sheet? need to keep riggers dry...

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 10:24:39 AM »
tenpin if you do need a tow bar, I have an account with Towsure, you and any members can have them at cost.  ;) ;)
how about the end rear of a DNA 360 shaped and flushed at the front and plated on floor for a unique trailer?
look well a 360 towing the back half of a 360.
 or you could tow a boat for the wetter shows and throw your tent in that.
Rob cheers for use of BBQ etc. is it a pop up toaster to match the pop up tents?
as for ground sheet in my £5 tent, no but I have some 3" duck tape to tape over the grass.
joking ground sheet included, (a must for dry riggers) its even got air con, door open / door closed, works fine cheap running costs too.
if my car sells, I will be there in 306 (no I,m not dyslexic its a pug est. ) MADMAN  ;D

paulm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 09:35:02 AM »
I'm aiming to pop up saturday afternoon, so if I'm coming I'll bring a few beers. got to go to an auction in luton at lunchtime so it might be late.

paul

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »
Just a reminder - it's this weekend coming - the 13th and 14th Sept. I've just had a quick count and it looks like seven members so far have said they'll be there sometime over the weekend. As for the number of cars - who knows? I was hoping we'd get at least 10 members dropping by - maybe we will - do post if you're thinking of coming.
(I guess we will be accepting apologies for absence from the US contingent - although sending a representative to one of the shows would be really great!)
Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible
 - tenpin