Author Topic: Str00dle 5cudo Build  (Read 64475 times)

Bishlee

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Str00dle 5cudo Build
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »
Hey StrOOdle, the car looks the business, you should give yourself a big pat on the back, you have put allot of effort into the detail and it shows,
but that number plate is pants, it has to go, have you got a private plate and just not transferred it yet. ::)

Ayaz

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:27 AM »
WOOOWW!!!

The more I come on here the more I need this kit in my life!!!!!!!!!!!



Best colour and stripes are awesome!!!

The only gripe I have is the wheels !!
The 'stance' of the car isn't very Ferrari like, think the wheels need pushing a little bit more out and dropped to close the gap in the arch?
Does anyone else think that?!

Ate those 18" or 19"

Also what is the width?

Top job guys?!

How long has this build took you?!

And was it as straight forward as you though??

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2011, 07:42:35 AM »
The StrOOdle's ferrari looks amazing, bet your well chuft, its a true credit and a fast build too!

Ayaz, I see where your comming from with the wheels but if you look more closely when the wheel is straight the arch looks filled, when the wheels are turned the suspension twists lifting the arch slightly.

Also you need to consider the more you bring the front wheels out the worse it will corner and the more likly it is to foul the arch.

I think the wheels look great, You would be hard pushed to tell its a fake!

Ayaz

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »
Also you need to consider the more you bring the front wheels out the worse it will corner and the more likly it is to foul the arch.

I think the wheels look great, You would be hard pushed to tell its a fake!

Certainly!! Very good replica ad done perfectly aswell!

Just the wheels is the ONLY gripe about these replicas
The stance in which the car sits?! I can see your point In wheel fouling the arch but I'm sure some arch mods would cure that?

Are these 18" wheels? What width are they?

I think if you lowered it a touch more from the front would look perfect! Or would that be too low for the speed bumps?
What's the original height for the 430 from bottom of the bumper? An what height on this? Does anyone no.

Either way I envy you!!! 

It's perfect! And you made it look effortless!!! Well done guys!! 

True credit to DNAs kits!

Are you gonna be at Stafford kit car show?! Really wanna see this!

Ayaz

str00dle

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
Bishlee - how can you not like our GOO mobile numberplate lol, we are planning to change it in the future to a personlised one don't worry.

Ayaz - cheers for the comments, to answer your questions as best i can, the wheels are 19" scuderia replica ones and are awesome, pics don't do them justice. i will get the tyre sizes for you over weekend as replicaman wants to know too.

the build took us about 6 months, longer than planned but due to house move and some unforseen issues along the way it took longer that would have normally, it was funny building it as the bits i was concerned about were easy and some of the other bits harder, but DNA were always on the end of the phone 7 days a week it seemed.

the front is currently quite high on the suspension as we have a large bump getting out of our unit, we will lower it slightly more and the wheel will fill the arch like the rears do. you can't make the wheels any wider other wise they would stick out from the arches.

I believe the real F430's nose can be raised and lowered for speed bumps

We hope to make the stafford show and i can't recommend enough that you go and see the DNA ones and chat to the guys as well as all us owners that will be there.  and make sure you hear the sound they make, it sold us straight away. :)

Bishlee

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »
But seriously it's absolutely amazing!!!!...I want one ;D
and I think the wheel & tyre set up looks spot on, a big thumbs up :-) ;)

SanderVh

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
Hi Str00dle,

Your 5cudo looks absolutely fabulous, you should make some youtube vids of the looks and sound! The vids
on youtube aren't all that good  ;)

Sander

Deekay4

• Novice
  • Bought Str00dle's 5cudo. Looking to do interior.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2019, 01:49:46 PM »
Hi Str00dle,

I see your car is for sale on gumtree and after reading through the whole build process i definately want to come and view it.

Could you shoot me an email or reply on Gumtree to organise a viewing- or is it someone else selling it?

Kindest regards,
Don
Bought Str00dle's red 5cudo.

Looking to do the interior now, anyone know of an overdash or any bits will get a finders fee.

-Donncha