Author Topic: Wanted - Replica discs, calipers and clear perspex engine cover panel  (Read 5723 times)

V8 KLR

• View Profile
Re: Wanted - Replica discs, calipers and clear perspex engine cover panel
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »
You might be able to reuse the existing mounting blocks? A pair of pliers will persuade them to come off, clean them up and re bond. One of mine came off and I used superglue gell worked a treat. There is some flex in the cover as I have refitted mine so that it married up with the two side black honeycomb sections, so I reckon that when you tighten down on the fixing blocks it will pull it into shape and give the slight curve needed. If not there are parts of the fake engine cover that you can file down/cut off to give you more distance I know cos I did it to mine before I had the V6 fitted and I reworked a friends on his 360 and he has the 1.8 and no problems at all.
Has to be V6 power and SERIOUS NOISE !!!!!!

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 06:38:01 PM »
Have you looked at what I did to reduce the height of the engine on my 3Sixty? However it may not be for the faint-hearted....
http://www.dnaoc.co.uk/index.php/topic,91.msg4492.html#msg4492 and onwards..

To gain some extra height you could put some rubber washers between the rear deck and the mounting blocks. If you do that on the inner block on the grilles as well, that will disguise the raise in height.

- tenpin

SuttonSteve

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 09:44:40 PM »
Some great advice there guys and good pics and write up tenpin. Hopefully the mounts can be salvaged with a bit of care. Should keep me busy for a while in the garage!