Author Topic: Rippin6Gear's USA 5cudo Build  (Read 25433 times)

Rippin6Gears

Re: Rippin6Gear's USA 5cudo Build
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 12:01:12 AM »
Some fancy polished rolled exhaust tips came today, will have to find a mobile exhaust guy to weld it all together when that time comes down the road.

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2017, 12:36:42 AM »
Messed around a little with the seats, have to make custom rails to bolt into factory holes unfortunately.   

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:25 AM »
Received oem horn, car/steering wheel/seats cover kit. Modified and removed Italy momo badge too add the oem horn button.

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2017, 09:32:23 AM »
Very niiiiiiice
Steve

wishing we could get cars like these legally registered downunder

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2017, 01:08:27 AM »
Unfortuanly Brian and the guys can't locate any interior molds currently as most things are put away in storage.

So the kit is on the boat coming over here I at least started with oem center console going with a custom 458 style in the 5cudo. Have to remove the front cup holder section, move the 3 switch trim forward and make custom center boot trim for shifter. The E-Brake I will customize by cutting the handle in half and/or moving it back further towards the rear a few.

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2017, 01:52:49 AM »
So I been searching every build and can't find anything on most of the metal brackets. I have some figured out but all these in the picture I can't seem to figure out... any help guys?

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2017, 08:06:40 AM »
Hiya, I,m just on with Scudo build that has been started by someone else and trying to get my head round loads of brackets some not shown on your pic.
I think, (please someone correct me if I,m wrong) the long brackets at the bottom may go to hold the new sill to oem sill, the two on left center that taper are the base for headlights and the three larger pieces in the centre line are to box in over the exhaust ( they fit on the floor of rear deck to back panel, large one in centre smaller ones one each side. I will take a pic later today of those three.
Have you got a pattern I could copy for the brake brackets, I have discs and calipers but no supports, ( it will save me starting from scratch)
Cheers MADMAN 8)

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »
Love the Momo wheel
MADMAN 8)

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 09:38:39 AM »
Thanks madman, I will get pictures of the brackets later on today. Guess I could make paper/cardboard template and send to you if needed.

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
Yeah i found no build thread or pictures of these brackets, I believe your right on these brackets I'm still scratching my head... my kit came with side skirts not molded attached to the rear bumper section like every build I seen as well so wondering if the two long metal brackets on the bottom of my picture are for side skirts some how.

The 2nd long metal bracket on the top is pretty heavy duty steel compared to other brackets I was thinking it was something for the front or rear bumper, no idea. I can the other pieces boxing in the exhaust for heat shield would make sense.

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »
Here's a pic that might help with two of the brackets. This is of the left side of the car.

- tenpin

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
Defo the three are for exhaust cover in rear boot
MADMAN

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
Here's a pic that might help with two of the brackets. This is of the left side of the car.

- tenpin
makes more sense cheers
any photos of your interior Stu?
MADMAN

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »
Here's one showing the "transmission tunnel". You can see the gear stick lever and (vaguely) two of the repositioned Cougar controls. I'll try and find some later.

- tenpin

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
Thanks Stu,