Author Topic: New 360 build  (Read 162965 times)

360MKbuild

• View Profile
Re: New 360 build
« Reply #540 on: July 10, 2017, 06:54:52 PM »
When up at rudys last year I was drooling over Steve's brakes which made my mind up I wanted a simular set up. Steve's been a big help with advice etc. After many conversations with big brake companies which have supplied roadster customers in the past they too confirmed the servo and master cylinder are more than adequate.

rudycob1

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 10, 2017, 10:22:24 PM »
Thanks Mark. Looks good. I will have a chat with Barry soon as I know my set up is different to yours.
I already have some racing AB vented cross drilled 330 discs. Were yours 32mm?
Both me and Lee got a set of these and they look good. Will need the rest of the set up.

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 13, 2017, 11:24:13 PM »
Another part of the car prepped and painted by wayne 8) although I have the 360 cluster for the dashboard I need to use the mr2 one for the setup and wanted it to look as genuine as possible for now. So after cutting up a genuine Ferrari surround it was given to wayne to paint.

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »
You got a picture of how it looked 'original' mark, to compare?

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 14, 2017, 06:46:39 PM »

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2017, 10:23:20 PM »
Big change then mark
But looks the piece now.

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 15, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
Hi Mark, with the work I've been doing on the dash it's possible to use the mr2 internals by unplugging the dial magnetic coils and fitting them into the F cluster, one thing to bear in mind is the temperature gauge, the chip sends a reverse signal to the coil, I have switched the polarity and it did go the other way BUT I couldn't confirm this worked as required, I'm going to bypass the Toyota ecu feed and use an independent gauge from ebay. (the Audi utilises 2 temperature sensors ecu/cluster :-))
The info smd leds have very low power draw, I've run some 30mA leds and I feel it's too much for the driver, it gets quite hot if the ignition is left on, I may re-engineer a circuit board to use smd leds, You should be able to use the F cluster smd leds by hard wiring them into the Toyota circuit board.
 Good luck with the integration, I find this type of work really interesting and quite satisfying.
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 15, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »
Hi Darren it's all a bit above me all these electronics  :-\ have watched your videos numerous times and slowly starting to understand it. The Ferrari cluster is a job for the winter, the mr2 one just to set up the car. I may be picking your brains soon :) great work on your car, it's a beast

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2017, 09:50:34 PM »
Not much work been done on the car but got new p zeros all round (thanks for help running around lee ;) ) fitted to wheels, so tomorrow it's time to set the car up with alignment and ride height on the coilovers.

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2017, 11:29:28 PM »
My pleasure mate  ;D

Just glad we got the OE tyres at a great price..

They do look good

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2017, 12:05:19 AM »
Big money downunder!
Steve

wishing we could get cars like these legally registered downunder

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 30, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
Pirelli P Zero's big money everywhere

Premium brand, demands premium price

But at least it now looks right, with the right brand of tyre

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 30, 2017, 10:29:40 PM »
Cars now down on all four wheels  :D aligned just by eye to check but being set up correctly this week. The bc coilovers are a great bit of kit to get to ride height right

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 17, 2017, 10:00:37 AM »
Car has now been tracked up and all is good  :D few slight adjustments but now the the parts can be powdercoated and anodised. Next on the list is the wiring loom and engine bay parts.

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 14, 2017, 08:09:51 PM »
with the car taking a lot longer than expected i bought another MR2 in July ;D For two reasons but mainly so i could mock up work on specific areas of the car without mine being here. The centre tunnel is now completed and ready for trimmer to carpet it. I wasn't happy with the MR2 handbrake so I have fitted a genuine one with the relevant cabling going back to the handbrake calipers. Barry is working on the brackets for these which aint easy :-\ Mainly because i don't have any spacers on the rear so everything has to fit around the hub carrier without hitting trailing arms etc. Had to buy genuine handbrake pads as the calipers i got off ebay didn't come with the locating pins or springs and you can only get them with genuine. two week wait for them from Italy ::) Shouldn't be too long now before these are up and running. For the past few weeks i have been working on the rear bin area. Now im not bothered about storage space, just trying to make the car look as genuine as possible. Both bins have an access panel, the passenger bin is for the new ECU and the drivers side is for the amp and crossovers. I had looked for ages to get hold of a rear glove box but they are crazy money even if you can get hold of one :o also if i did get one it would need chopping up to fit, so i set about making one from scratch. Not a five minute job but it now fits. The door opens and closes and a click latch used so i can get to the roof pull. I bought a subwoofer last year but way way too big ;D ;D ;D so looking at trying to keep it genuine looking i have fitted a 6.5" JL Audio subwoofer in the below box. It just fits due to the angle and the cubic volume is correct. Managed to purchase the storage nets from a breaker at a good price so made them to fit. The oval slots on either side are for when the roof is up and i can strap it down. Still lots more to do