Author Topic: New 360 build  (Read 162866 times)

rudycob1

• View Profile
Re: New 360 build
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2016, 11:37:35 PM »
Car looking fantastic. Great job. 😊

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2016, 11:52:15 PM »
Apologies for jumping in late but are those genuine frrrri seats?
Steve

wishing we could get cars like these legally registered downunder

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2016, 11:55:48 PM »
Thanks Lee, rudy  :)

Yes they are 360 seats, although a pig to fit they are not far off the same size as the mr2.

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2016, 12:28:17 AM »
Thanks mate ...Thought they must be. Getting them made would cost more than gens I imagine. Definitely worth the effort. Crisp and great colour. Well done on a spectacular build.
Steve

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2016, 10:03:40 PM »
So finished off the seat brackets and next was to check that the centre console fitted as I only tested with the MR2 seats. Thankfully it fits with just a small gap either side 8)
Then checked the H Gate lined up with the console holes and worked through the gears. BIG thanks to Lee again for sorting the gate out :) :) :)

Between the seats I have started to sort the speaker pod out. This will be made in fibreglass so can be trimmed or painted. Will have access at the top to get to the roof lever. Im hoping that it will be able to take the sub but if not then an additional speaker.

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »
that looks fab 8).freddy

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2016, 11:43:29 PM »
Great result and VERY pleased you had good luck with other interior bits...so far at least!

"I hope this mother still fits!" Is something I said more than once while building my 93 Porsche Turbo replica. The great benefit though, is that people who know how to make, can always make things again :)

The way those headrests nestle into the body is beautiful. Did you retrain them or have you located matching trim material for the rest of the interior?
Steve

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2016, 12:05:25 AM »
Steve

Although the seats are in ok condition I'm having them retrimed. The camera does not pic up the scuffs or cracks. Also the trimmers are fitting heat pads and new seat foam. Just got to decide on the colour of the piping. Cream, red or black. Not sure yet. The console was the last cheek clenching moment for genuine parts to fit. Everything else can be made to fit, although a lot of fiddly bits to do I'm on the home stretch.

And yes used that saying many many many times,  ;D

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2016, 12:31:59 AM »
groovy  -  love the cream colour .... I'd be challenged about which colour to choose for piping as well, but would probably opt for red though matching cream would hide any minor stitching imperfections and still look the shizz
Steve

kalifornia

• View Profile
    • Car Paint guru
« Reply #414 on: August 15, 2016, 08:35:42 AM »
When I had my 360, I had heated pads fitted and a massaging kit fitted, it was great.

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 15, 2016, 09:59:13 AM »
I guess in the cooler climes such things are relatively common. Aussie chariots haven't featured heated seats etc until more recently due, I imagine, to globally standardised  manufacturing.

My one-off Buchmann Porsche 928 featured the most advanced Recaro seats made at that time. They had heaters, vibrators and inflatable bladders for lumbar support etc. I bought the car used, and would never have dreamed of spending $6600 on custom made seats but they came with it. I considered them the indulgence of a very wealthy owner until I drove her from melbourne to Brisbane, a trip of 1700 kilometres each way. It is really a wonderful feeling NOT having any stiffness or aches during such a long run.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:01:41 AM by seriph »
Steve

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 15, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »
I know what you mean I have a back problem. I used to have a 430 but sold it because I had problems getting in and out of it.
 I've now got a West Coast, Mercedes seats which are fully adjustable heated massaging seats could not go back to a normal seat. I have travelled 260 miles and got out and couldn't believe no aches and pains, anyway have a great time you guys take care.

8)  8)     John James
Drive it like you stole it

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 16, 2016, 09:13:22 PM »
Went to collect the roll bars today, the trimmers were not happy with the stitching or the amount of foam so asked if i could try it on the car. I did and it looked pants and didn't fit correctly. We removed the leather and foam and looking closer we could not get the bars to line up correctly through the roll bar carrier. We put spacers underneath but then way too high. Only option was to cut the bar in two and see how much wider it needed to be. A 15mm spacer filled the gap and all lined up. The trimmers want a solid thicker bar to work from so a 40mm diameter alloy tube is being bent to shape and bolts welded to the bottom. This way it will let the trimmers get a tight fit on the leather and I will be able to bolt it down nice and tight.

As most of the day was taken up sorting the bars out I fitted one of the 360 discs to the car so i could measure up for the new rear spacers. The inner part of the disc will be milled down to the same thickness as the dna discs. I was never happy with the spacers as the press studs were not long enough. So having a new set made and beefed up a bit. The discs will be lacquered by Wayne to stop any rusting and still using the dna calipers I have.

dman1409

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2016, 09:23:53 PM »
Hi MK,

I am doing a 430 build on a peugeot... I am also using an oem dash and cluster etc etc...

Can you explain how you get the guagecluster to function? It would help me a lot!!

Below is a link to my build... I just started..
http://extremeoc.co.uk/index.php?topic=2993.msg26056#msg26056

Cheers!

Seen my question mate?

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 25, 2016, 11:50:29 PM »
spent a day last weekend up north with lee and barry, went through all the measurements for the new spacers and milling of the discs  and all good. Then needed to find longer spline studs..................not easy!. Lots and lots of suppliers only do 63mm max. which only leave 5mm pressed into the alloy spacer :o. Numerous incorrect deliveries and phone calls later and finally have found a company who can supply 12 x 1.5 100mm. (thanks Lee for the endless searching, messages and finding the company :D). Not cheap but they are on order and will arrive in two weeks.
Finished off the headlights and they fit ;D ;D ;D. No surprise really as Wayne had done all the work before painting. The car is starting to look like a car now. Fitting the passenger side at the weekend and template making for interior parts and wheel arch liners. Also couldn't find a local company who could roll the correct diameter metal for the roll hoops so ended up doing it myself. Dropped off to the trimmers and due back next week.