Author Topic: Inner Wheel arch liners  (Read 2948 times)

paulcas

• View Profile
Inner Wheel arch liners
« on: November 21, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
Any idea what material the inner wheel arch liners are made off and where can one buy this.

I want to see if there is a cheaper alternative than going back to DNA - no offence guys  :), as I messed up one sent to me recently.

Paul79

• View Profile
Re: Inner Wheel arch liners
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 10:02:42 PM »
Hi Paulie. I looked into his when I was fitting mine up as I thought mine might be too thick to bend into shape. You'd think it be easy to find sheets of black plastic like this but I couldn't really. Can't understand it. Madman might know.

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »
What about this? http://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/?gclid=CK6FppnajMICFSfHtAod4HsA1Q

Delivery might be a bit though.

paulcas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 10:08:20 PM »
Hi Paulie. I looked into his when I was fitting mine up as I thought mine might be too thick to bend into shape. You'd think it be easy to find sheets of black plastic like this but I couldn't really. Can't understand it. Madman might know.

Lol, tell me about it. Looked for some at the last 2 kit car shows and nothing. Bought something from fleabay that I thought might do but and it shattered as soon as I stressed it.  

paulcas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »
What about this? http://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/?gclid=CK6FppnajMICFSfHtAod4HsA1Q

Delivery might be a bit though.

it's similar to the material I bought and shattered. Might give them a ring though and tell them what I want to do with it. Thanks for the suggestion.  :)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 10:19:09 PM »
You need something like polycarbonate or PETG. Both are impact resistant and can easily be cut , shaped, drilled etc.. Acrylic although you can drill it will crack from a stone impact.  You can actually get a nice textured sheet in black, 2 or 3mm should do nicely.. You can hit both with a hammer at it will just bounce off it!

Normally come in a 8" x 4" sheet, try a local plastic company. You should just be able to roll it up to fit it in your car.

Steve
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:22:46 PM by CdRsKuLL »
The fat one..

paulcas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
Top man, thanks Steve.

Just the info I need.  8)

Brian (DNA Automotive)

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 11:19:27 PM »
Any idea what material the inner wheel arch liners are made off and where can one buy this.

I want to see if there is a cheaper alternative than going back to DNA - no offence guys  :), as I messed up one sent to me recently.

Paul you need some polypropylene sheet about 2 mm thick mate

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »
I was getting some for free from a plastic firm aprox 15 miles from me, I could get sheets of this and foamlux also Dibond  all marked in some way seconds, unfortunately they have now closed :'( I used to roll up with Large van and fill it, up to 10ft x 6ft sheets but mostly 8x4, various thickness from 2mm to 10mm but sadly that does not help you ::)
MADMAN 8)

V8 KLR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24:43 AM »
Hi Paulcas, I had to remake the front inner arches for mine and found a company in Basildon that did this type of product they sell it in sheets various sizes, thickness etc I got exactly what I needed they rolled it up and it fitted on back seat of car. Easy to cut with snips or blade and can be formed to give a 90 degree bend if you use and edge to bend it over. I tried scoring it before bending but that made it snap. They will prob ship it if you ask them as flat sheets rather than the roll I bought. Drop me a PM if you don't find anyone and I will dig out the details.
Has to be V6 power and SERIOUS NOISE !!!!!!