Author Topic: Door opening wider?  (Read 2029 times)

Roccoracing

• View Profile
Door opening wider?
« on: October 08, 2014, 06:32:09 PM »
CN I ask you guess about the doors I looked at my first DNA 360 this week and noticed the doors don't open very wide at all.   Is there a way of adjusting them to open wider?   Iam 6'2" and I was crawling out of it due to the doors not opening wide enough.   I looked like a turtle upside down ;)

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
Re: Door opening wider?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »
The door stops are adjusted to allow for the extra wide door skin, might be an idea to look at a few, never been an issue if done correctly
D   
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Roccoracing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 07:04:59 PM »
Argh I see thank you D that's helped I was worried they would all be that tight.   Just hope when I do buy one.  I will be able to get out of the car once it's my garage think the first time will require a camera ready for you've been framed!

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 09:24:55 PM »
Rocco. I'm 6'3" and weigh 16 stone and I have no probs getting in and out of my 430 when the door is open at its widest. The door check straps have to be shortened on the cars to avoid the door swinging open too far and hitting the inside lip of the front wing. As D says if done right you should have no problems getting in and out so that one you saw may have issues. Things like this are important as they can take the fun out of the cars if they are hard to live with for reasons like this.

Roccoracing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »
Thx guys that's put my mind at rest regarding that issue,

Just have to keep searching for the right car now.  Thx again chaps

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
I couldn't get out of my 430 if it was in the garage with the roof up.  I expect a similar problem with the West Coast but it has a powered roof si I can drive in and then put the roof down if it's raining.  :-)

Mick
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »

Mick,

I never knew you had a West Coast, you never talk about it. Maybe it a secret. Lol

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 09:03:58 PM »
Wizard.
I have two threads running on the West Coast/Furrari build and SL Revelations.

Furrari Build is following the progress of The Furrari West Coast.  As DNA are doing the body build and Trim Tech Solutions are doing the trim it's not as detailed as most builds but tell you about some of the features going into The Furrari.

SL Revelations is about some of the features of the SL which are carried over to the West Coast for those who don't have an SL owners manual or can't be bothered to read it and some features not in the manual. ( Fridays Revalations are about performance which you won't find in the manual).

Get reading.

Join the West Coast crew.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.