Author Topic: Cheapest DNA 430 ever.  (Read 6258 times)

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapest DNA 430 ever.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »
Hope these help

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »
Aaaaaaah.  I bet you miss her Wayne.  :'(

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 09:42:58 PM »
Beemaman,

Thanks for the oictures, but I've already seen them about a hundred times and just keep staring at the car. It's true sly looks stunning and a real credit to you.

I think I need to learn how to use photoshop and test what looks good on the car, I want it to stand out, but in a classy way, and definitely not a chav car.

BUT I will need to upgrade the sound system at some point.

There are so many things to consider and everyone takes ages as it's all important. But I suppose that the fun of it. The fun is designing and driving.

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 10:57:35 PM »
I know what you mean Wizard about the list of jobs, but don't let it get you down matey. It can feel like chore sometimes but dont feel pressured to get everything done ASAP. Kit cars are never truly finished anyway. Lol.  Glad you've decided to keep the car. It is good that your sorting the essential jobs like the arches first. Then enjoy it for a bit matey while we have this great sunshine.  8) Stereos can be done in the autumn/winter when the weather is crap outside. Did you take it to dna? Did they advise on the panel gaps etc...?

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »
Please no stripes unless it's the Italian stripe.  430 doesn't need them.

M
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »
As i org stated at the start of this thread. Waynes stripes or no stripes. Its your car do what youl.be happy with. But ive seen about 30 430s in my life maybe more and NONE had stripes. Keep it subtle. LESS IS MORE.
sonny :)

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 09:51:47 PM »
I do love the way Wayne's car look, but I don't think it would be fair to the new owner (johnjames I believe) if I copy his car.  I will give it some thought to see if I can make it slightly different.  "IF" i do stripes I will make sure its not sprayed on in case I change my mind afterwards. 

As the car is not longer for sale I won't post on this thread again as it gets too confusing.  I'll keep my update in the build section.

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »
If ONLY it was not a pain in the butt to get through customs here in the US for any right hand drive here...

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »
Hi wizard is J J here glad to see you got a 430 spider at last and the white one as well I was looking at the pictures and came across a picture of the wheels and thought to myself those wheels are like mine and realized the pictures of the car is mine if you want to copy the stripes is okay by me sorry I have not been in touch sooner have been out of action for the last two months anyway I'm not too far away if you need any help if not see you at Donnington take care J J
Drive it like you stole it

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 07:33:43 PM »
Hi JJ. Thanks for the message. Look forward to Donnington so we can park side by side. DNA stand will certainly stand out (as always).

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »
Hi wizard I like the car specially the white and black interior looking forward to seeing you at Donnington take care buddy J J.
Drive it like you stole it

LEE-DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »
Looks sound to me in the pics.im baffled how the great authority on kit cars,sundog,can say "it's not the best".....I don't know how anyone can say stuff like that to someone who has spent thousands on a project.
STick it on eBay and pistonheads and it will fly out the the door for that money.good luck

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »
Hi Lee. Thank you for the reply. I've decided to keep the car now and Sha121 is in the process of rebuilding it.

To be honest I agree with sundogs comments, it's looked good in the pictures but when up close the lines were all wrong. All the panels needed sorting, respraying and the hood needed fixing as the builder replaced the rear screen with real glass and did a really bad job of it.

The builder did his best, but to be honest most of his work needed redoing. BUT he was a really nice person and I knew of all the work needed when I purchased it.

I will make sure when completed this car will be fantastic.

LEE-DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
Hi Lee. Thank you for the reply. I've decided to keep the car now and Sha121 is in the process of rebuilding it.

To be honest I agree with sundogs comments, it's looked good in the pictures but when up close the lines were all wrong. All the panels needed sorting, respraying and the hood needed fixing as the builder replaced the rear screen with real glass and did a really bad job of it.

The builder did his best, but to be honest most of his work needed redoing. BUT he was a really nice person and I knew of all the work needed when I purchased it.

I will make sure when completed this car will be fantastic.

great news! I'm sure sha will do a great job.well at least if you spend a few quid then it it will be a 20+grand car?I will look forward to seeing some pics when done