Author Topic: Beany's F430 Build  (Read 232818 times)

Lord Beany

• View Profile
Re: Beany's F430 Build
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 06:29:15 AM »
Madman,
Thanks, i will definately be listing my parts for sale on mr2oc, seems like a good site for roadster info also. Sorted my dials by the way, cheers.

As for holidays, I shall not be taking another holiday now until the 430 is complete. I've booked a three week cruise for the wife and I next October. I think i'll owe her a good holiday by then, what with all the months of planning, trawling e-bay and time spent in the garage.

Splne1,
Glad you are enjoying the posts, i'm gonna try to make my build thread as detailed as possible, as long as it doesn't take time away from my actual build. I'm hoping people will find it useful, as well as previous builders maybe spotting any issues they see in my photos and giving advice. (Always welcome guys.)

Are you going to be starting a build thread? It would be great to compare progress.

Anyway, best of luck with your build.

Beanyfelix ;D

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, I'm grinning!!!!!!!!

Not long got off the phone with Roland and i am collecting my kit this Thursday. Best clear some space in the dining room, and the living room, and the bedroom. Lol!

Excited much!

Next post should include photos of a van full of parts.

Beanyfelix ;D

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 03:20:43 PM »
From personal experience, you might want to add 'kitchen' to the list of rooms that will have new contents!  ;D

- tenpin

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »
Workshop, double garage, lounge, bedroom, rear drive, front drive. Think that's it

Just a little note, don't be too hasty to sell your Mr2 bits as some parts are used in your build.
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

splne1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 05:47:06 PM »
LOL thats going to be hilarious!! MR2 parts, kit parts.....where is the dog??? LOL!!  Yep Beany Ill be starting the build thread soon.  I am planning on getting the kit soon from DNA Autoworks in the U.S. and get the ball rolling!
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK!!!

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »
Dangerous,

I don't think i'm gonna have the time or the inclination to sell my MR2 parts until the 430 build is pretty much complete, i'll be far too busy. Maybe i'll find the time when the car goes to paint, although that is when i plan on trimming the rest of the interior. Yes i'm gonna have a crack at it myself, as i am taking a different approach to most.

Everybody will have to wait and see the results though.

Splne1,

Two Dogs and three Cats by the way, and they'll just have to find some space where ever they can. Lol!

I look forward to comparing builds with you.

Beany ;D

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
Well, off to DNA HQ tomorrow ;D.

It's a good job i'm working all night as i think i'm too excited to sleep. Lol!

Looking forward to getting all my parts home and getting stuck in.

Beanyfelix ;D

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »
happy days,when are you going to start beanyfelix 8) 8) 8)

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
Well had a very long day yesterday, having worked a night shift and then travelled to DNA to collect my kit. Unfortunately i didn't take any photos while i was there, as i was on information overload from Roland and Brian, Cheer guys, no doubt i will be ringing for advice soon though lol.

Thanks for all the pointers though, if i have remembered half that you told me i should do alright.

When i got back i had to unload the van quickly in order to get it returned before the rental company closed. this resulted in panels and boxes taking up three rooms of the house, just after the cleaner had finished. She was obviously not impressed. Oh well!!!!! I have now managed to slot them all into just two thirds of the dining room. No dinner parties for a few months then. lol!

The rear of the car has been placed straight on to the donor and the door panels taped in place. On quick inspection yesterday i need to do a little fettling to get the door panels fitting perfectly. will hopefully get this done over the weekend and get the rear temporarily fixed in place.

I am taking photos, but will post them in the week, along with progress made over this weekend.

Beany ;D

F430kid

• View Profile
    • Viking Metal Detectors
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
Sounds good. Hope to see your pictures soon. Your going to be excited for quite awhile now till your build is finished sounds like some more sleepless nights :)

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 10:06:16 AM »
Hi guys,

Managed to get a fair bit done over the weekend and am really happy with progress so far, despite taking the time to put on, take off, sand a little here and there, put back on, take back off again. You get the picture! Lol! I now have a rear a front clip and two doors fixed in position with bolts and tec screws. All swage lines appear to be true, to my eye anyway, and panel gaps are looking good.

The gap where the doors leading edge meets the front wing, still needs opening out a little, especially on the driver side, but the passenger side door is now opening without any contact on the wing. I still need to do a little fine tuning here to open the gap a little more, to take account for the many layers of paint and laquer that will go on. WHAT SIZE GAPS HAVE PREVIOUS BUILDERS GONE TO PAINT WITH, IN ORDER FOR DOORS TO STILL CLEAR ON OPENING?

Now for the photos. :)

First photo shows numerous boxes of parts, wheels and panels that i managed to cram into my dining room, after returning from DNA on Thursday.

More pics to follow, but will attach one or two per post, so i don't have to reduce their size too much.

Beany ;D

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 10:10:34 AM »
Photo 1: Rear end placed on car and door panel taped in place, on returning from DNA. This really is the best place to store the rear end.

Photo 2: Initial fitting of passenger door panel and setting of door shut gap.

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
Photo 1: Headlight carriers and front clip support fixed in place. Front clip bracket adjustable until final position determined. Was breaking a lot of drill bits, so went to screwfix and bought a very expensive set of Cobalt bits, worth every penny, no problems since. Buying quality always pays.

Photo 2: If you are going to build one of these fantastic cars, or any other fibreglass car, i would recommend buying one of these electric files. I reckon this tool has saved me hours already. With a gentle touch you can file precisely to a drawn line, and it leaves a nice edge too.

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »
Photo 1: Passenger side, after a few hours of fettling, screwed into position. All swage lines running true and gaps nearly even, just a little more work needed for me to be totally happy.

Photo 2: Driver side, same as above. Initially had very little gap at front of door, after fitting the front clip. Moved door panel back slightly, producing tighter gap at rear of door and opening out front. Gap between door and front wing still needs widening a bit and clearence for the door to open, sorting.

All panels now Tec screwed and bolted in their final position, and front clip support bracket location permanently fixed. It cab take a little while to get everything aligned, but with a little perseverance it all comes together.

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 10:34:22 AM »
Photo 1: Rollbar carrier fitted, simple bolt in using existing mounts.

Photo 2: Rollbar carrier mounting points.