Author Topic: You went where?  (Read 28204 times)

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You went where?
« on: May 11, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »
We don't see many of our cars out and about, maybe they stay locked up in their garage all the time?
Maybe it's because people don't have any ideas of where to go?
So, I thought I'd start this thread so people could post where they'd been and any associated comments and stories to give others inspiration for their own trips.

- tenpin

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: You went where?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »
On Sunday 9th May I went to a National Gardens Scheme open day - in aid of charity. It was held at Sennicotts, a large 200 year old house near Chichester with over 50 acres of grounds. Before anyone gets the wrong idea - I'm not into gardens, but there was the promise of afternoon tea and cake on the verandah. Anyway, when I arrived I was directed not into the field to park with everyone else, but up to the front of the house to park.  (I still had to go round the side of the house and pay like everyone else, but still...)
Even got to have a chat to the owner of the house (who now has a DNA brochure).

Let's get some ideas for places to visit and they don't have to be car related. Maybe we could even get a few of us to turn up to an event.... could cause quite a stir!

- tenpin

HOLTY430

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:53:21 PM »
Tenpin,

I like the idea of this thread! I saw some of your other pictures over on Southern Kit Cars forum and they looked excellent.

I visit a number of charities through my job on a monthly basis, and I always make sure I take a similar picture infront of the building or view. I'll try and get a few more pictures up and background to go with this thread.

Cheers

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
looking good tenpin, 8).great idea for a thread,your like the david bailey of the dnaoc ;D ;D ;D ;D

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
Some days you don't even have to go anywhere! This morning on my way back from Sainsburys, I spotted a red car whose owner was talking to someone I knew. So I said hello, before long I'd been persuaded (didn't take much actually) to go and get mine. Not sure what those neighbours thought, though one guy in a Merc did stop and say he wasn't sure that his car was quite in keeping in the area anymore. It was a very nice 355 with very friendly owners.
It pays to keep your eyes peeled, you never know what you'll meet, even if you don't aim to go anywhere!

- tenpin

F430kid

• View Profile
    • Viking Metal Detectors
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 03:20:05 PM »
Nice did he know urs was a reppy (replica)  ;D

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
Yes, he was told. Even showed him a DNA flyer showing the 3Sixty and 4Thirty. AND they still asked if I was a member of the Ferrari club!  ::)  ::)

- tenpin

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
Yesterday was Soft Top sunday at Goodwood.
Couldn't believe how good the weather was. There were many more cars there than last year. What we need to do is to get a few of us together and then visit and park up together - that would be impressive! So, I'm hoping that Mandells will be one, anyone else up for this next year - there must be more than two of us in the south!?

Anyway here's a few pics:

- tenpin

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
 Soft Top Sunday

There was this "replica"

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 10:30:45 AM »
Soft Top Sunday

When you get asked about badges on your car - are they allowed etc. Here's a pic to show people - they've even got a badge on the headrest!

- tenpin

360BOY

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bubblegum
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 04:04:57 AM »
Sunny Sunday afternoon at Packington Hall

360BOY

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bubblegum
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 04:07:58 AM »
Calender photo shot in the making

splne1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 04:43:26 PM »
That would be sick!!! How about it DNA??? Some good calendars to hand out!!!! Gotta have madman and stevens 430's in it for sure!!!
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK!!!

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
That would be sick!!! How about it DNA??? Some good calendars to hand out!!!! Gotta have madman and stevens 430's in it for sure!!!

I'd already started a thread about a DNAOC calendar featuring readers cars in the 'Owners Only' section of this forum - so to find out more, everyone's going to have to buy an DNA!  ;D

- tenpin

FBP3rd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »

I'd already started a thread about a DNAOC calendar featuring readers cars in the 'Owners Only' section of this forum - so to find out more, everyone's going to have to buy an DNA!  ;D

- tenpin
a dna calender would be great 8) 8) 8)