Author Topic: Adrian Flux.. proper wan*ers  (Read 1535 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Adrian Flux.. proper wan*ers
« on: April 23, 2010, 04:23:17 PM »
Go with footman james.... not these toss#rs

Well I just called up Adrian Flux to transfer my extreme smartcar insurance over to my part build Murcie.. So after waiting 20 minutes and being passed to 4 different people (well the same person twice.. so does that count ? ) They finally decided to tell me they couldn't insure my build as it wasn't being stored at my address in my garage. So I then told them to cancel my smartie policy, thought I might get 50 quid back or something.

They then informed me that it was non-refundable.. bolloxs.. thats the first I heard. The girl then spent another 10 minutes messing about and I was then told they could insure my build, so she took the details address ect. 10 minutes longer.... no sorry sir we can only insure builds upto £25k so they cant swap the policy over and she also said that they need to cancel my smart car policy.

SO.. say I finish my car in afew months time and want to swap my policy over to a fully built car I can't as they cancelled it.

My advice to everyone.. goto footman james.. I insured my DNA through them and never had a single problem.. they were cheaper as well :-)

[rant over]
The fat one..

tenpin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian Flux.. proper wan*ers
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »
Well, I guess everyone has different experiences, especially depending on their particular circumstances and what they want to cover.

Before I started building my 3Sixty, I phoned around looking for a quote so that I could drive my donor as an MR2 for a few months, then get cover during the build and afterwards as a 3Sixty. All the companies said no - "you need to do this, that or the other" / "you'll need different policies" etc. When I spoke to Adrian Flux the girl as first said she didn't think that was possible, but she checked with her manager / underwriter who agreed they could do that, all on one policy, but it would be good if I could let them know when the car was completed. Hence I became a customer of Adrian Flux.
I phoned around again when my renewal became due just a few months ago and for my set of options (including agreed value of £29K) Adrian Flux were again less expensive (but only just!).

However I'm guessing with the deal that DNA are negotiating on behalf of DNAOC members that Footman James would actually be cheaper! Oh well, it's only for a year, I can always change then.

- tenpin