Author Topic: Paul’s ANuD Porsche GTB RS Build  (Read 2870 times)

Paul79

• View Profile
Paul’s ANuD Porsche GTB RS Build
« on: May 11, 2019, 10:52:14 AM »
Hi Guys

Today I decided that I would start a build thread on my latest car. This is kit car #3. Some of you will know I have built a DNA 430 and a ANuD GTB. I still have both cars. The GTB is my daily driver and this new GTB RS will be it's replacement when it is finally ready.

The GTB RS is built on the 987 Porsche Boxster. Here is a picture of the donor car.

I hope you're all well. Its been a long time since I posted on here...

Enjoy the build

Paul

Paul79

• View Profile
Re: Paul’s ANuD Porsche GTB RS Build
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 11:55:18 AM »
Here are some pictures of the strip down. You remove rear and front bumpers, boot, bonnet, front wings and roof.  I also gave the engine a bit of a clean.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:56:57 AM by Paul79 »

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 12:03:34 PM »
as my Boxster is only a 2.7, the callipers are as big as they are on the 3.2S. I will probably do a big brake conversion when the car is finished but for now, I decided to paint the callipers black to deflect the attention away from them being so small.

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 12:09:10 PM »
I got the donor is February and ordered the kit (which takes about 6 weeks) so I set about preparing the rear arches.

The rear arches need to be cut back to make way for the bigger wheels. The metal is cut and folded onwards and screwed to the metal arch liner to create a bigger arch. Also the top of the rear arches need to be cut so the metal is lower so the new rear quarter can fit over the top of them. The door b pillars and part of the sill needs to be cut and folded in to create a gap for the new kit to fit.

Once done, you etch prime it all, and then I also painted it all satin black.