Author Topic: HID Headlights  (Read 1530 times)

V8 KLR

• View Profile
HID Headlights
« on: November 18, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »
Not sure what the headlights are like on the 430 but they are rubbish on the 360. They are so bad I don't drive the car at night. So I decided to fit HID bulbs from HIDS4U. They were about £85.00 and were really well made and dead easy to fit. I went for 6000 kelvin pure white and the higher rated 55 watt. This wattage is NOTHING like 55 watt halogen trust me....The beam spread and distance is amazing...I can now actually drive at night and see where im going. A friend was so impressed I put some on his 360.I had to get an MOT and told the garage I had fitted HID bulbs and they said that as long as they were aligned correctly they were happy. There is a bit of interference when they are on through the radio which I know can occur but strangely none on my mates car.I have still to change my head unit as the cd player has packed up so will just stick a cd on if there is still any issues when the new head unit goes in. But I cant say how pleased I am with them and they really set the car off especially if you change the side light bulbs to super bright LED as well..... 8)
Has to be V6 power and SERIOUS NOISE !!!!!!

Lee22

• View Profile
Re: HID Headlights
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 05:40:59 PM »
I thought HID’s were illegal now? And won’t pass an MOT?

V8 KLR

• View Profile
Re: HID Headlights
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
Hi Lee.. I think the quality of the kit you buy makes a massive difference. I read that some cheap kits from china were really poor. All the cables were screened and the connectors were all water proof. They were really well made. I tested the bulb cut off pattern at night by having one HID and one halogen and a large piece of board...they were almost identical. I also got a mate to drive in front of me once they were fitted and he said there was no glare at all. I don't know if the reflector type headlights cause more issues than our projector type which does have the inbuilt bulb screen/cut off section? What was dangerous was driving at night with halogens............
Has to be V6 power and SERIOUS NOISE !!!!!!