Author Topic: Z3 , Stalks changed to vintage  (Read 4785 times)

Graham2

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Z3 , Stalks changed to vintage
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 08:06:19 PM »
Ah, thanks Sir Percival that explains it as I don't have the DNA stalks were they an extra?  When you say they were fitted without modification do you means not shortened or indicators remain on the left?  Just out of interest what size is your wheel as it looks spot on to me.

Sir Percival

• Per ardua ad astra - through hard work, a Vauxhall
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 07:11:01 PM »
You got the stalks if you bought the entire interior package. Unmodified means no change to length and indicators remain on the left,

Steering wheel is a; Nardi Classic 390mm (5061.39.3000) which requires a special boss and adapter plate to fit.
If Airfix plastic model planes are made exactly to scale, why don't they fly?

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 10:13:56 AM »
Graham2, I used the DNA stalks but found them too long so trimmed an inch off. Much better.
My Dino I put the headlights, etc. on the right as they were in those days - wish I hadn't. Changing from one car to the other was a pain thinking which way to use. Funnily enough, I was more mixed up getting into my ordinary car during the show season.
I also have cruise control but left the original there tucked underneath it doesn't really show, but I did cover the end knob so it doesn't show the writing. Had to modify the lower steering column cowl which I tidied up this winter, quite pleased with the present result
Retired & living the dream

Graham2

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 11:35:05 AM »
I bought my kit secondhand and there were no stalks in it so I was unsure what the score was.   Thanks for the information Sir P on your steering wheel, which looks perfect for size and style.   Firefife you amused me as I am exactly the same, I have a Triumph Stag for high days and holidays and adapt quickly to indicators on the right but going back to the daily driver turns are completed accompanied with wipers !!   Thanks for the replies, they're much appreciated.  Graham2