Author Topic: DNA westcoast rear window  (Read 1794 times)

montman

• Novice
    • View Profile
DNA westcoast rear window
« on: July 02, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
Hi

I have got a rear quarter window motor gone on my sl500 westcoast ,i have taken it into WDM Mercedes garage and they have had a look and say that the window has to come out to replace the motor as its all in one but the rear wing that is part of the bodykit is in the way as the window has to come out from the top and the new rear wing is stopping it so my question is does anyone know how the wing comes off or has anyone replaced the motor with the bodykit on.

Next question is is there anyone who can do this for me even if the wing has to come off i just need it doing.

Dont know where else to go from here so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Mike (Montman)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:36:28 PM by montman »

kalifornia

• View Profile
    • Car Paint guru
Re: DNA westcoast rear window
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:17:34 AM »
Hi

I would take it over to Brian at dna to repair, or ask Roland the other ex partner, who makes the porsche kit.

Here is a useful video to watch https://youtu.be/HS4lis_zJrg

montman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »
Hi All

I have managed to get the window fixed a new motor/regulator was required, if anyone should have to get this done on their westcoast you will have to have the bodywork trimmed by the window to allow the rear quarter window to come out as it comes out from the top.
A massive thank you to Wayne from Beemabuild who not only trimmed and made it good afterwards but also found a garage that would carry out the window motor replacement as it seems that some garages are put off wanting to do the work because it has the bodykit on it (we tried 2 merc garages first who would not do it).
Anyway it is now all working as it should and you can not tell that the rear wing had been trimmed and then made good again although it took about 3-4 weeks what with the other garages having the car then saying that they could/would not do it, i hold back from naming them but if you have to have this done then make sure the garage will and can do it. 

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:23:30 AM »
Hi buddy
No worries glad to sort it out for you and as you say I’m not sure why the previous garages wouldn’t do it as it’s still only a Mercedes vehicle.i just think it’s a excuse but st least you have it done now buddy so that’s the main thing.
You can enjoy using it with the roof up or down now .)

Commando

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 09:22:18 PM »
Wow ........ Have been in the wilderness for nearly four years after going down the Dax Cobra road but thought i would check out the 'old site' . So nice to see that the GREAT Wayne is still here helping people as he always has. Top , top guy and glad he is still a loyal helpful member . Keep up the good work fella