Author Topic: Gold or Blue?  (Read 3697 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Gold or Blue?
« on: February 28, 2018, 06:40:38 PM »
Evening all..

Just putting the finishing touches to the forum but can't decide on the colour. What do you think of the blue compared to the gold?  OR if you fancy another colour let me know :-)

Steve
The fat one..

bruno360

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Gold or Blue?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
I like the blue!

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:43:09 AM »
I like the blue as well.

Hi Steve I have found another problem, when I go on to the DNA website and look at, go to show unread posts since last visit I clicked on this and it says no new posts comes up, if I go to homepage and look at the right side I can see there are new posts so something's not working somewhere but keep up the good work thanks for your time, the sites looking good looking forward to meeting you at Stoneleigh.    ;D;D.   John James
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:52:23 AM by johnjames »
Drive it like you stole it

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 09:40:39 AM »
I like the blue as well.

Hi Steve I have found another problem, when I go on to the DNA website and look at, go to show unread posts since last visit I clicked on this and it says no new posts comes up, if I go to homepage and look at the right side I can see there are new posts so something's not working somewhere but keep up the good work thanks for your time, the sites looking good looking forward to meeting you at Stoneleigh.    ;D;D.   John James

Thanks.. I think I prefer the blue too now.  I need to make the font smaller in this reply box I think.  I've had a look at the topics and I'm not sure whats going on. It might be because the new tables are empty since upgrading and these will slowly populate as time goes on.  I'll keep an eye on it to see if it sorts itself out.

Steve
The fat one..

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »
I like the blue ( it’s OK for the 'site but the cars should still be YELLOW). 

Far more individual than white.  Only slightly negative comment is that the “ new “ stickers on the latest posts don’t update when you’ve read the post.

Brilliant work.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »
Thanks Steve seems to be working OK now. And thanks to Stuart as well well done.

johnjames

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
Hi FURRARI  ( Mick ) you're wrong car shouldn't be yellow they should be white just look outside your window and there's white everywhere at least you haven't got an excuse to go outside and play with the car you take care buddy John James.

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »
JJ will you be swapping Brian for a Polar Bear?
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »
I must admit, I prefer the old colour scheme, it has a clearer colour definition, if you switch between the extreme site and this one you'll see what I mean.
Darren
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 10:12:31 PM »
I must admit, I prefer the old colour scheme, it has a clearer colour definition, if you switch between the extreme site and this one you'll see what I mean.
Darren

Hey fella,

When you say the old one.. do you mean the gold or the blue one that was running for years?  If the old one, sadly this went when I needed to update the forums to the latest version. I'll play with this one a bit more at the weekend. :-)
The fat one..

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 06:11:34 PM »
Sorry Steve I meant the original colour scheme, but only as a reference. Some colours really stand out when compared to another, this makes reading posts easier on a small screen, or in daylight.
 The blue contrast against the black background with black text is a bit hard to clearly see, whilst the light blue  text stands out really well
hope this helps explain what I mean
Darren
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever