Author Topic: firefife 250 build  (Read 68375 times)

Sir Percival

• Per ardua ad astra - through hard work, a Vauxhall
    • View Profile
Re: firefife 250 build
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2018, 08:55:33 PM »
Yeah they are loose.....I used some bits of rubber seal and felt tape to hold them in position I think.
If Airfix plastic model planes are made exactly to scale, why don't they fly?

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
Ta  Sir P
Retired & living the dream

Jez

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2018, 10:18:32 PM »
Do you mean the chrome rims around the lens or the bezels ??

The chrome ring that came with the light unit had a little screw to secure it.
Jez

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2018, 10:37:25 PM »
Yes, the chrome rims with the lights. There are screw points but once in position you can't get to them

Jez

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 22, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »
You have to take the light assembly out from underneath the wheel arch and then you can put the chrome ring on with the screw, then put the whole unit back in.
Jez

Sir Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2018, 12:21:19 AM »
Yeah but mine was still loose with the screw in it....you could tilt it....hence a blue peter fix

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2018, 12:08:43 PM »
Thanks guys, will have to wait until I get car back from trimmers & have a look at it, not much time before Stoneleigh though as I have to sort out the passenger door first, cable keeps slipping off the pulley to latch & window not working. Have got another window switch & will have to rethink the pulley system

Sir Percival

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2018, 12:22:32 PM »
I added a buildes right angle bracket to both of mine....they give extra lift and keep the cable more centralised.

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:49 PM »
I also did that Sir P following your previous post. Drivers door works perfectly but will have to re look at the passenger one. May have to cut off the screw head to remove the pulley as it isn't travelling along the thread and put a new screw in. thought about putting a flat 'bracket' along the side of the pulley to hold the cable in position - or a large penny washer.
The lock jammed & had a hell of a job getting the trim off to get to the latch to release it & open the door, going to fix up some sort of emergency device in case that ever happens again

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »
Hi Ian I fixed penny washers on mine and they seem to work ok. Looking forward to seeing you at Stoneleigh. Hoping to go up early Sunday morning and staying Sunday night so I can go again Monday you take care buddy John James
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:03:34 PM by johnjames »
Drive it like you stole it

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2018, 07:06:10 PM »
Good to hear from you John, hope you are feeling a lot better mate.Penny washers were my next choice but I also want to re position the pulley. We are going on Saturday & stopping 2 nights at the Premier Inn. Eat in the restaurant Sat evening & we have a BBQ on the Sunday evening.
Looking forward to seeing you again, just hope my car will be in a fit state to take, it is at the trimmers at the moment & there are a couple of jobs I will have to sort out first.
See you at Stoneleigh

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2018, 08:52:01 PM »
Hi guys,
A disappointing day today as I had booked my 250 in for a new hood, drove to Sevenoaks to be told they could not do it as the 250 body was too close to the 'hoop' that had to be prised out & they can't get to it.
I am sure that some of you 250 guys have had replacement hoods done after your build, especially Sir P. Where did you manage to get your's sorted & was it a good job. Really wanted to get the Sevenoaks company to do it as they use genuine Z3 hoods all in for £600.
I think Sir P said he took his to a company in Croydon.
On the plus side, we had a great drive with the roof down & consoled ourselves with a nice lunch at The White Hart, Brasted (passenger window stuck dow so checked it out when we got back home & the plug had come adrift from the switch - an easy repair thankfully.
By the way, I sent all the guff off to DVLA to re register my car & got the answer back within 13 days & V5 in 14 days. It arrived on the morning we left for Stoneleigh. I now have a BMW 2fifty kit apparently.

Jez

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2018, 10:16:26 PM »
Soft-tops in Croydon.
Contact Dee. He's done mine and Percy's with the new body on. No problem at all. And he makes his own hoods and they are superb quality, better than the original in my opinion.

My Black one was £500 fitted.

Sales@soft-tops.co.uk

Jez
Jez

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2018, 11:28:28 PM »
Thank you Jez, I will follow that one up

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2018, 07:56:51 AM »
Hi Ian I have been to Croydon and the guy there makes up his own hoods they are cut by a computer really nice guy hey also does them in different colours and if you want he can make a smaller window for the back. You know I said you had a bit more gap between your roof and your bulkhead I was having another look at mine and I'm not sure what sort of roof lining you have there's worth having a chat with him you take care John James
Drive it like you stole it