Author Topic: Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 6 & 7th May 2018  (Read 11006 times)

OXO

• DNA Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 6 & 7th May 2018
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
What a brilliant day  1st day, couldn't have been better.

Please can you post photo's or video's of the Northern convoy if you have any.

OXO

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »
Here’s some pictures

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HfPaHKDI5Lo93at23

Videos to follow

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 04:31:26 PM »
Nice to see you all, and for the first time I noticed some DNA cars (DO NOT ATTEMPT, according to one of the Italian club members, just so petty) in the Italian club paddock.
 I'm attempting to finish for next year's event.
Darren
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Lee22

• View Profile

tricky

• skateboarding is not a crime
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »
Darren
;D do you want to bet on it !

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
Nice to see you all, and for the first time I noticed some DNA cars (DO NOT ATTEMPT, according to one of the Italian club members, just so petty) in the Italian club paddock.
Darren

Who said that, none of the guys I know there would have as far as I know, They all love the DNAs, they must do as mine won their best car on the stand - & it's not even finished
Retired & living the dream

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »
It was good to wander over to the DNA stand & finally meet & chat to some of you guys & ogle your cars, some nice machinery there.
As I stated earlier, every year at Stoneleigh the Italian Replica club have a vote on the best car on the stand & I was over the moon to have been voted the winner with my DNA 250, really please & the majority were impressed with DNA in general

kalifornia

• View Profile
    • Car Paint guru
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2018, 05:58:02 PM »
Well done Mr Firefly  8)

Darren

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2018, 08:00:12 PM »
It was an old guy, towards the left side of the line that had the F40 on the far right. Someone was talking about the DNA cars and he said " yer, D o  N ot  A ttempt  ha!" this was just as my partner and I were walking past. I've been a member of the DNA club for many years, I never knew that DNA had an alternative meaning in the kit world.

Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

paulcas

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »

Also saw Paul on the m25 in the am on the hard shoulder , thought you were stopped for a wee break !
Was going to fast to stop and on the bend but gave you a toot , I was in the black Porsche

Hi Tricky,
wish it was for a wee break. my alternator packed up and ran my battery dry. managed to get it recovered back to my house and then drove down in my DNA Volvo!! Got there around 3.30pm, just in time for the last of Phil's beers. Cheers Phil....again!

Regards, Paul     

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »
There are a few old guys in the IRC (including me) but I can only assume it was said in jest as all the guys I know in the club have respect for all kits & appreciate how much work goes into them. Also I have heard it often said that whatever car it is - is someones pride & joy.
There are a few jokers in the club (again including me) but not seen nastiness, mind you, there were a few new members but I can't see anyone being callous.
Shame if it was taken the wrong way & hope I am right that the comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
The guy with the F40 is a bit outspoken & does come out with inappropriate comments, but he is rarely serious, if he was, I would be permanently offended by what he says about me

Darren

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
I don't think it was a callous remark, he was just trying to be funny. The guy was standing to the far left next to the second car along the row that had the F40 in it, I don't think it was the f40 owner as his car was too far away.
D

firefife

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2018, 09:25:30 PM »
I think you are right, someone was trying to be funny, nothing to take to heart. All the guys in the club are great guys

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 08:05:05 AM »
Hi guys finally got home Thursday from Stoneleigh decided to see a few of my friends on my way home.
Really enjoyed the show it was great to see Brian. And seeing all the old members that I have known for years.
Also was great seeing some more 250 GTS thanks a lot Perry and Jess and it was nice to see Ian,  his car was not finished but it was great to see that he won first prize at the Italian owners Club well done in all my excitement I forgot to take a photograph looking forward to seeing you lads at the next show take care John James
Drive it like you stole it

Phils99

• If I build it, it will work!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »
Loved the show and the 250s were all remarkable, as were the 430's and the Califonias.

Having previously built a 430, I understand the work involved and think all of the owners and members of DNAOC are amazing.

This event will be in my diary every year until I cant drive anymore!

Looking forward to DNA's rebranding and the new speedster and also the other new projects that Brian is working on.
What colour should a Ferrari be?...ROSSO of course!