Author Topic: Dash mods  (Read 2166 times)

V8 KLR

• View Profile
Dash mods
« on: August 25, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »
Spurred on by Pauls dash changes I decided to get round to doing mine. I had moaned about not liking the 3 pods thing enough so thought I had better get on with it.... ;D If any of you have removed the dash binicle, which just pulls off, you are left with the dials which have a really nice arched top to each dial which I wanted to keep on view. So out came the trusty dremmel and I cut away most of the 3 dial sections of the binicle. I then formed from aluminium an infill plate that would fit around the top of each dial and become part of the binicle, but would leave the arch shape of each dial on view. I used aluminium mainly because I like working with it, but also it retains its shape is strong and more importantly it had to bend in 3 different ways which is much easier to achieve with aluminium. I also had to put an infill section into the bottom part of the binicle as Paul also had too and for this I used some grain effect plastic sheet. Both parts were fibre glassed in and a bit of filler added here and there. The whole thing will be sent to Wicked Coatings for carbon dip to match the rest of he dash. Here are some photos.
Has to be V6 power and SERIOUS NOISE !!!!!!

360MKbuild

• View Profile
Re: Dash mods
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »
Nice work andy :) like the shape of the alloy

V8 KLR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 08:27:14 PM »
Thanks Mark...not long now till yours will be back in your garage.... ;D

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:22:01 PM »
Like it mate. Very original

V8 KLR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »
cheers m8 im thinking of doing some aluminium mods to the centre console by combining the original console with some fabricated changes...... ::)