Author Topic: Kits wheel specs?  (Read 3888 times)

Rippin6Gears

Kits wheel specs?
« on: July 06, 2015, 06:13:28 PM »
So researching on some wheels to go with... I found some light weight wheels that come in 18-20" from 8" to 10" wide with whatever offset and color choice. I herd talks in past posts that the scudo wheels were discontinued so I found these ones. Curious... What spec were are the wheels you guys are running on the scudo?  Picture attached are their 20x9 +40 fronts and 20x10 +38 rears.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:19:55 PM by Rippin6Gears »

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
Re: Kits wheel specs?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 06:23:48 PM »
Not sure if 20" on scudo will fit I know there on dn8 but kit is a differant shape.

Brian will know

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:18:06 PM »
Yeah I was thinking 20" might not fit and maybe 19" is the route to go with. I orginally want to get these wheels and color scheme but can't find any replica or design replicating the pattern. Can't see spending $5-7k for them.

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:24:11 PM »
The ones above in red look amazing

I do like those

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 09:30:41 AM »
Slugs.  Those wheels are beautiful but a set is $2000 plus import tax plus carriage, probably worth it if Brian knocks the cost of the DNA wheels off the kit.  Worth contacting the company to see if there is a European distributor.

I know your actual build is some time away but I think it's time to start your own build thread as a place to keep your ideas together and as a point of reference for things like those beautiful wheels.  ( if I damage one of mine I think I would fit a set of those, beautiful .)
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

The slug

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
Hi Furrari,

I was under the impression I was replying to Rippin6Gears who was looking for wheels, not stating I was going to use them on a build for me, which I'm not by the way.

There is a uk importer, all you have to do is search for the wheel name.

I will remove the offending picture of a wheel and the link for it for you to keep the peace....BR.

Rippin6Gears good luck finding what you need.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:13:45 PM by The slug »

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
Slugs ( I can call you that can't i ) sorry if I caused any offence as none was intended and don't take anything of the forum on my account.  My offer of an ice cream still stands next time I see you.  I'll look for the importers 'cos I fancy those wheels.

When you start your build if you need to see how DNA have done a job I'm just down the road from you in Lichfield.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

The slug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »
Hi Furrari,

None taken, but as the new boy its easy to upset the flow of things.
I know running a club myself, how these things can get out of hand, I will still take you up on the ice cream mind, and the look over your car.

I have lots of questions in my head that I forget most of the time, and looking at a way of solving them is so much better than a 1000 words of how to do it, especially as I'm Dyslexic ....and why do they make that so dam hard to spell!!!    :o
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:21:07 AM by The slug »

anudimension

• View Profile
    • A Nu Dimension
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 02:56:59 AM »
Yeah I know grams/rays are available might go with but so many options. I really want to find novitec replica style.

Rippin6Gears

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 03:10:23 AM »
I'm sold on the novitec Scudo design... Pretty sure 99% sure going this color and wheel scheme for my build. NYAL has a similar setup on his 430 but all black and without the rivets.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 03:12:15 AM by Rippin6Gears »