Author Topic: How's the 5cudo when you start to push it.  (Read 2804 times)

APDevelopments

How's the 5cudo when you start to push it.
« on: April 01, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »
As the 5cudo is a 2.5 v6 and has been lowered rather a lot. How do you find its handling and performance when driving at speed?

On that rare occasion when you get the chance to have alittle fun with your car and give it a boot full.
How does the 5cudo handle? And feel at speed?  
Yes it's not a ferrari but it can still double the speed limit if you wanted to.
I'm sure you have all had that small amount of play time.  ;D I know I will when I get mine. LoL
Just like this crazy fella.

http://youtu.be/Tljf-fweT04
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:18:21 PM by APDevelopments »

Ken458

• View Profile
Re: How's the 5cudo when you start to push it.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »
Hi ADP I owned an F430 Scuderia (Scudo V12 SCU) and now a DN8 both would pass for the real deal .... One thing I do know I have owned amongst other Supercars 2 Corvettes Z06 7 litres 505 Bhp which are Tyre Shredding Monsters 0-60 in 3.7 and 198 mph
With Replicas you've got to Drive like you have nothing to prove ... never be tempted to have a play with a 'Hot Hatch' as you'll look Silly ... If at Traffic Lights you get youngsters admiring your car and Gesturing you to give it some Revs if it's got a Great Tone that's fine but as the Revs Build he drops the Clutch and Hurtles off ... Just sit still for a full second and pull away normally ( on the Face of it I have nothing to prove) you can Drive Briskly and amuse yourself but never engage in play ... Once they realise you haven't got the performance your'e  Sunk lol that trip out will be a Disaster for you and your Self Esteem
I was reading another owner saying he sticks to the inside lane Bang on the Speed limit and you'll get Folk pulling up alongside to get pics and wind there windows down to listen to your 'Ferrari' I drove the Scudo up from London and the '458 Italia' down from Scotland exactly like that and got exactly that and had a smile on my face on every Journey IMHO cheers Ken
DNA 458 Italia finished in Rosso Red with Black Leather and Alcantara interior. I previously owned a DNA F430 Scuderia Reg: V12 SCU Again 'Rosso Red' but with Crema Alcantara interior

kalifornia

• View Profile
    • Car Paint guru
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 11:29:15 PM »
I agree even though my west coast hides a v8. Drive on the speed limit and everyone pulls up to have s look. You don't lose your drivers licence. No body about and its safe, give it that throttle for a few seconds. Most people will respect you not arising to the ocassions. They were hoping you would to make there day, like winning the lottery. Lol

APDevelopments

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 11:35:05 PM »
I think I need to rephrase my question.
I myself is not intrested in racing anybody. Been there, done that, lost my license as well for doing crazy speeds on motorways. lol
I'm a lot older and wiser now and have learnt my lesson. I gave that up years ago.
Let me try to rephrase.
It's late Sunday evening. Your out in your replica for a nice drive alone. No wife naggin. Enjoying the car for what it is.
Nobody around on a country road you enjoy driving the car to its full potential with its handling and v6 power. Windows down enjoying the sound as you get close to the red line.

How does the cougar handle with its very low suspension and big tires?
What's it like cruising on the motorway at 80?  Wind noise, smoothness and ride.

This doesn't mean driving like a complete plonka. Which unfortunatly a lot of people do and always ends in disaster.

Ken458

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 12:18:19 AM »
Ha I see ADP well I have to say they are Fun cars I found the Scudo to be quite a Hard Drive compared to the DN8 ... That may have been mine and others may have a softer set up on their Scudos maybe some owners will comment
The DN8 has more travel in the Suspension and on the same roads crossing 'joints' and known bad patches it rides these with a lot more 'Smoothness'
Must admit mine is a Toy that comes out on Dry Roads ...... Blue Skies and its Driven to 'Show it Off'
I have a Smile on my Face and I know Folk seeing it are Admiring it they are giving a Thumbs up , Wave and a Smile or getting Pics!
I had a Subaru UK 22B now that was a car to Squirt down Country lanes extremely fast and limpet road holding ... I'm loving the Attention and pleasure I got from owning the Scudo and DN8 and the Prestige of owning what on the face of it is a 150 to 200 Grands worth of 'Ferrari'
Enjoy!
DNA 458 Italia finished in Rosso Red with Black Leather and Alcantara interior. I previously owned a DNA F430 Scuderia Reg: V12 SCU Again 'Rosso Red' but with Crema Alcantara interior