Author Topic: What's your worst and best experience?  (Read 1520 times)

APDevelopments

What's your worst and best experience?
« on: March 30, 2015, 06:44:51 PM »
As I'm hopefully going to be a 5cudo owner shortly I'm just wondering how the general public react to a Ferrari.
I myself drives a Prius everyday and I'm a very laid back reserved driver. I try not to be in a rush and don't drive like a loon.
The Prius is a respectable car on the road (well I think so) and doesn't seem to attract any grief. Yes you always get 1 or 2. But generally a stress free journey.
Other cars seem to cause different reactions.
I had a terrible car a few weeks ago on hire. A Toyota Aygo. Had to put up with it for 1 weekend while my Prius was in the dealer for a recall.
5 mins behind the wheel I found myself acting like a teenage loon. I was racing up the car in front. Had the cars behind right up my pipe. Receiving loads of road rage. Cutting up and various finger gestures. Etc etc. driving it was like running your finger nails down a blackboard.
I was glad to hand it back.
When I have been out in a friends countach. (A real one) Nobody comes near. No road rage. Nothing.  Very much like my Prius in a way. But  when he pulls into a petrol station he gets loads of questions looks etc. even the odd photo wanted to be taken.
Is this the same with your replica or is it like that Aygo?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:48:50 PM by APDevelopments »

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
Re: What's your worst and best experience?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:12:11 PM »
In the main I find reactions are good and a lot of pics are taken.  Remember never lie about what it is.  Don't volunteer un requested info. but don't lie.  Most people are just as gob smacked that's it's a kit car as they are about thinking it's a "real" Furrari. (Well it is a real Furrari, not a Ferrari)

On the open road the SL/Furrari makes good progress.  Very few want a race because they know a Furrari would blow them off so people just get out of the way.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Wizard

• View Profile
Re: What's your worst and best experience?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:38 PM »
My daily car is a BMW X6 (remapped) and it has plenty of power. But I don't drive at silly speeds although I still love the acceleration sense.

My toyarri is never driven at speed. I'm more that happy to sit in lane one doing the speed limit or just under. This car for me isn't about going fast, it's about allowing the car to be admired by others. Lots of people stare, wave, take pictures and the petrol stations are always a talking point for everyone.

I've not had a bad experience in the car (yet). 

You always get the odd idiot who wants to race but I'll politely smile and tell them my cars too slow or something similar and they normally get the hint that I'm not interested.

Be warned. These cars will attract a lot of attention wherever you go. It's certainly not for the shy.