Author Topic: 430 exhaust can  (Read 2575 times)

Daz

• View Profile
430 exhaust can
« on: June 02, 2019, 09:31:23 PM »
Has anyone changed their exhaust can from the DNA one to get more of a burbling and throaty sound from the 1.8 engine, if so what did you use?
Gun metal grey will be my colour :)

Lee22

• View Profile
Re: 430 exhaust can
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 09:50:17 PM »
I changed it to a stainless steel one, plus all the pipes to stainless too.
Same design, although supposed better... but fully stainless defo made a change in tone..
The sound of mine is noticeably different to madman’s when we compared at one of the shows.

Love the sound of mine now :)

Daz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:00:39 PM »
What exhaust is it and where did you get yours?
Gun metal grey will be my colour :)

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 04:11:40 PM »
just thinking out of the box, I believe F360 boxes are starting to come into the 'affordable' bracket (just had a look on ebay, none there today  ???).  Most builders who have used them comment on their pleasing note, even if not from a flat plane v8. But, I've not heard of any running from the Toyota 4pot. JD had his running from his Peugeot v6 as did another extreme builder.
 This would not be a simple install and would be an expensive test,  I've spent in the region of £800 on various bits and pieces to try and get close to the raspy Ferrari sound, I think that's enough for now ;D
Might be an idea to ask some builders/owners for sound bites to hear their exhausts and then choose the best suited to you
Darren
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Matty2Hotty

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 03:42:29 AM »
You want to get a Blitz Nur Spec, custom the piping to hide the canister and run tips off it, option 2... run stainless headers to Borla system, you will thank me later for the deep throaty loud growl.

https://youtu.be/RhY5jLZJ4ZI
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:55:24 AM by Matty2Hotty »
5CUDO Project Car... Looking for 5cudo or DN8 interior.