Author Topic: New 360 build  (Read 162930 times)

360MKbuild

• View Profile
New 360 build
« on: February 12, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »
Hi All

Just joined as purchased a 360 replica. But it is a very old kit apparently (possible Robin Hood) and as a majority of the panels need replacing I am now removing the kit to start again. The donor car is really good, 32000, straight car 03 plate. I have spoken to Brian and I am going to purchase a new 360 kit from them in a few months time. Reason for a 360 than a 430 is that I have the lights, wheels etc. When I got the car (only got it on sunday) I got a lot of original parts. One being a FULL 360 Modena leather dashboard. I am going to sell this to raise some of the money  for the new kit. Does anyone think the old kit is worth anything?

Lee22

• View Profile
Re: New 360 build
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:53:14 PM »
Pictures......
Pictures.......
Pictures.........
Pictures...........
Pictures.............

If that wasn't clear enough, I suggest you post losts of pictures so we can see the OLD kit as it is, and we can all advise if it's worth keeping and re-do'ing or worth selling etc etc etc.. Lol.... ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:54:56 PM by Lee22 »

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 11:03:59 PM »
Hi Lee

Yes good point. Will add pictures in the morning as we are starting to remove the kit on saturday. Will be interesting to see what you guys think.

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:07 PM »
Hi All

Here are some pics of the car. The bonnet has several cracks and is ripply all over. The wings are not that bad but do have bumps in. The boot hinges from the hood like a normal boot. I do have the perspex engine cover and a cover for when the hood is down. I hope this is enough info but please do let me know if you need more. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 11:47:00 PM »

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 11:54:44 PM »

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 11:55:23 PM »

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 11:57:52 PM »

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 10:26:21 AM »
I was at Stoneleigh when Enzo design built a 360 at the show, they designed the kit to fit the Mr2 without worrying about the size of the replica against a real Ferrari, this is one of the things that was unfortunately the demise of the kit, people were put off by it's small size. It does look small.

The good bit is that the chassis remains basically untouched, the DNA kit relies on this. The enzo body work is worth something to someone.

Question, why not just buy an Mr2 and then fit a 360 kit? you may find some bits missing from the original car that are needed by the dna kit. you've also got the hassle of taking off the enzo and trying to sell it, where as a complete kit car will be a lot easier to sell.
Darren 
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 11:03:28 AM »
Hi Darren

Thanks for the reply and advise. I never seem to do things the right way haha. Yes you are right i could just sell the car it as it is and start from scratch but i have started now and no going back. I have built off road vehicles from scratch many years ago and like a challenge. I aim to keep the car for a very long time so i want to get it perfect. Brian said it will be 5 weeks from ordering the 360 kit so gives me plenty of time to repaint the engine bay and any modifications/replacement parts. The suspension is all set up ready (apparently thousand pound cost), wheels and tyres like new. Obviously I will keep the rear lights as well. So although its additional work I have to do there is a saving doing it this way.  Im going to put the kit on ebay and see what happens. If i can sell it along with the genuine dash etc it cuts the cost of a new kit down considerably. Thank you again for your advise

Mark

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 03:02:11 PM »
At least you've made your mind up and can now get on with the build.  ;D
 The DNA kit is bigger and you may need the suspension kit for the car, there's plenty of info on this site and you should be able to see the DNA suspension parts on or off a car.
 The VVti is a good strong engine and can take a few mods to increase the power, one of the main criticisms of a replica is lack of power. A few adjustments will reap the rewards once you're driving
 1) The DNA exhaust is made for the kit, but stainless one will look better and last longer aswell as helping the  gas flow. (get rid of the precat!!!!!  beat the hell out of the ceramic whilst it's off the car, these are standard fitment but only necessary for California emissions)
 2) Pipercross/K&N air filter will allow the engine to breathe better, don't worry about forced induction.
 3) A stable power chip from a reputable Dyno tuning shop will open the engine to it's true power, post on "twobrutal" to find a good tuning shop in your area and ask if you need to uprate the injectors.

If you trail around the forum you'll notice a fair % of engine upgrades to the 3.0 or 3.5ltr v6 engines, the kit is great, it's the power guys seem to crave.

Where are you located, I'm sure there'll be a DNA owner around.

All of the above is just for information, the engine upgrade can be done at any time if at all.
regards
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
welcome Mark. Lovely to see another build going on. as the guys have said, ask question when you need and we'll all be around to help. have you got any pictures of the dash as it is at the moment. If i were you, i'd probably leave it as it is. If it is a genuine ferrari dash then a) it will looks tons better than the mr2 one b) it will have been cut up a bit to fit the mr2 so your only market is mr2 replica people. are you really going to get that much for it? if you are planning on keeping the car a long time then leave it in there i'd say. i'd defintiely think about it before you start ripping it out!

Paul

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 05:58:45 PM »
Hi Paul

thanks for the welcome. The dash is a genuine 360 modena and NOT in the car (in my living room as friends cant believe it!!!) Its all there, top in black with red stitching and cream below, even have the glove box and air bag cover. Spoke to a few people on the phone and all said its worth a fair bit of money. I really hope it is otherwise i will be crying in the corner haha. I will post a few pics of the dash so you can see.

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 06:00:38 PM »
ah well that different then... i thought you were going to rip it out... yes it would be worth a few bob i reckon.. where are you based?

360MKbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »
Hi Dangerrous

engine upgrades sounds good and your info is great as i did wonder what you could do. I will more than likely go for a stainless steel exhaust as like you said will look better. I would like to keep the engine but do as many upgrades as possible, of course without overdoing it. I'm in Milton Keynes and would be great if any DNA owners are local.

Mark