Author Topic: Just some quick Picts...  (Read 83235 times)

Lee22

• View Profile
Re: Just some quick Picts...
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »
Yes that's true Seriph, but to be honest.. I love them in white, it matches the car and the seats..!

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
Well, here's the second shock and spring made up  ;D

Time to swap the passenger side now..

Although this is only temporary, until I finally invest in some BC's :o. (Very soon)

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »
Another massive thanks to Mark for his time on Saturday night.... wow a late one.

But we got back to my house quite late Saturday night and decided to swap the passenger side shocker.

So under flood lights on the drive we decided to undertake this little job.

Well I must say, from start to finish, and rebuilding all the front Frunk & wheel arch lining too, it was just over an hour..

So really happy, and owe mark a massive favour for helping out ;D

Just need to test drive it now

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 27, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »
So.......

Been looking at this for months and months....

Mark very kindly spent hours upon hours creating a mould for the centre consol for
My car, and this weekend we decided to have a go and try and pull consol out of it..!

Well I think it’s come out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Granted, we had to smash the mould to get it out, but well worth it.

We used some really good fibreglass stuff from a mate and the release wax was brilliant, but because of the angles, it was a pig to release from the mould, so easier to smash the mould instead.

Still a fair amount of work on it to get it 100% and to sit in the car correctly, but it’s come out a lot better than both mark and myself ever thought it would do.

Cheers mark 👍🏻

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2018, 01:35:41 AM »
That’s a bloody beauty mate. Well done to you both.
Steve

wishing we could get cars like these legally registered downunder

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2018, 11:19:27 PM »
Thanks

Was hoping to get some work on it this weekend, but been struck down with ‘Man Flu’.. and its knocked me out for the count.
So no progress this weekend, but have high hopes for some next weekend..

Will post pictures as it progresses

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2018, 11:32:41 PM »
Ok, I promised more pictures once a bit more work on the console was done, so here we are...

So the sections were cut out for the various items, like ash tray, switches and windows switches.

I’ve got the ‘Original’ Ferrari ashtray and the mirrors / hazard switches, so fitting these.

Once these had been cut out, we noticed the finish on the console isn’t prefect, so it’s been rubbed down (by hand) and filled with fibreglass filler and P38.

Still a long way to go, before I can look at getting it painted, but it’s coming on.

Again, another long day with Mark in Milton Keynes, but thanks for all the help mark 👍🏻

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 11, 2018, 09:39:04 AM »
Looking good lee what colour you going for :)

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 11, 2018, 11:52:24 AM »
It’s got to be the same anthracite as stripes and the rest of the bits in the car Wayne, as it will look Like the grey scripe continues down through the centre of the car then...!

Thinking of having the bottom the console (may be 3 inches up from the bottom) flocked, after painting to match the carpet  :o

But a lot of decisions yet, and I still need to make sure it fits between my seats, as it’s a little wider than the original
MR2 console  :o

OXO

• DNA Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 12, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »
Brilliant !   

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 02, 2019, 10:52:22 PM »
As some of you may have see, mark added the clock and light pod from the Ferrari to the top windscreen plastic..

Well I couldn’t resist and had to copy this on mine, but was a little tricky as my plastics are all painted in anthracite grey.  So one wrong slip and I would have knackered the plastics, and would have been an expensive repaint too..

Anyway, things went swimmingly well (thanks to the help of mark in his lounge one night  ;D)

But we noticed that the clock / light pod was visible from the front of the car through the windscreen, so we both decided that a blacked out section was needed to mask the vision of the back of the pod..

So here’s the section I’ve just cut out and added to the car

Just need to Wire it all up now and get the car back together.

For any of you wondering what I’m doing with the original mr2 clock, well, that’s coming out, and being replaced with 2 USB charging ports 👍🏻

(Please excuse the bad pictures, but it’s hard with the camera in he garage with artificial lights..)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:54:32 PM by Lee22 »

Lee22

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2019, 10:37:01 PM »
So, it’s been a few days since I mentioned the addition of the black strip on the windscreen to stop you seeing the reverse side of the Ferrari clock and light pod..

Well, I’ve had to wait for a good friend to come over to help remove the snapped bolts that hold the roof catches to windscreen top.

At some point, these 4 bolts have been removed from the car, and then put back in with 3 tone of thread lock..... ::) which made the removale of the bolts near on impossible..
Anyway, steve came over with some extremely sharp drills and a new Tap, and managed the drill the bolts out and re-tap the threads, so all as good as new..! 👍🏻

So now this is done, I can look at getting the car back together again 🤗
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:39:00 PM by Lee22 »

OXO

• DNA Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2019, 07:52:10 AM »
Nice one Lee !
Have you tried the LED flourescents  in the garage ?  They are perfect for photo's.
OXO

redhot

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2019, 08:02:21 AM »
Love the workmanship you've put into this car, particularly the bits you cant see (ie underneath), need to give my 430 Spider that treatment.
Will investigate front and rear crossbrace like you have, seems to need something to increase the stability.

Can you tell me about those great seats, whats the story?

Lee, will you be at Stoneleigh in a couple of weeks with the car?

Thanks in advance

Brian