Author Topic: SL Revalations  (Read 16589 times)

kalifornia

• View Profile
    • Car Paint guru
Re: SL Revalations
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 06:17:35 PM »
Yes Mick there are two plugs. A new one is that the car measures the force you take a corner and adjusts the air suspension accordingly. This is carried over to the west coast.

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »
Although it's a long time since I posted on this thread this is relevant to the Mercness.

Leaving the hotel I visited when I went to the Lotherton Hall do I put on a clean pair of trousers and put the ones I had worn in my suitcase.  When I went to the car with my suitcase I walked up to it and opened the boot and the suitcase in the boot and shut it as usual.  When I tried to open the car door it wouldn't unlock.  Oh dear, I thought, or something like that.  Then I twigged what it was.  The plip was in my other trousers, in the suitcase, in the boot.  Rescued the key and all was OK.

The keyless go system recognised the plip let me open the boot but the system is zoned.  If the plip is in the outside boot zone it will let you open the boot but not the doors.  To open or lock the doors the plip has to be in the outside door zone.  You can't lock the doors if the plip is inside the car (not in the outside door zone) so you can't lock yourself out with the plip on the inside.

These Merc safety interlocks are carried over to the West Coast.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Sir Percival

• Per ardua ad astra - through hard work, a Vauxhall
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »
Very clever.

If you accidently lock yourself in to a Z3 with a remote that then stops working, you get locked in ... and have to cry like a baby to get your wife to let you out with the key.

This is carried over to the 2Fifty... ;)
If Airfix plastic model planes are made exactly to scale, why don't they fly?

Darren

• If it don't fit cut it bash it weld it paint it
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »
This is standard for all OEM keyless entry systems. There are antennas all around the car detecting key location for keyless action i.e. opening boot without the key but in the 'local area' The system also detects that a key is in the boot and shouldn't allow you to lock it in the boot even with your spare key. The system will also run a diagnostic check before every action, if an antenna is not functioning the system will either stop all electronic activity and throw up a MIL or downgrade to standard central locking. Two ways to look at such a system- very clever or a real PITA when it starts to go wrong.
D
Well, I'm into the 11th year of the project, could it be ready for Stoneleigh 2020, doubt it. The longest DNA build ever

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 11:06:55 AM »
Sir P and D.

We call these cars "kit cars".  Having such a sophisticated and up market system on a kit car is not bad going.  One of my favourite show offs is the ability to lift the roof up out of the way to get at stuff in the boot when the roof is down just at the press of a button and then the soft close of the boot lid.  Not bad for a kit car.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.