Author Topic: New DNA WEST COAST v8  (Read 64476 times)

ghall164

• View Profile
Re: New DNA WEST COAST v8
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
 :D wow another great job Top work top product best of both worlds whould love to see what beemaman could do with this .furrari is going to be one happy man ;D

beemaman

• theres only one way to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 10:21:10 AM »
hi ghall

you will just have to see ive picked colour scheme and other options so i reckon this one could be the best ive done to date lol :)

anyone fancy a clean and tidy red and anthracite 458 ??

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »
I'm disappointed in the photographs.  This may seem a strange thing to say, but you will understand why when you see the car in the flesh.

When you see it in the flesh it has the impact of a wet kipper in the face when you have a hangover. It is stunning.  It is amazing.  It is unbelievable.  It's breathtaking.  It is WOW. I've run out of superlatives, but I think you get the idea.

It's so good I was even thinking about switching from YELLOW to BLACK.

Anybody with petrol in their veins will drool when they see it live.

I very seen the development of the buck over the last few months and I was still stunned when I saw it painted.

M.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:03:14 PM by Furrari »
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

greig1983

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »
Nice car, don't think it'll turn as much heads as the 430 or 458.

Furrari

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
It will, trust me it will.

johnjames

• I am Brian the orangutan have you got a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »
Hi you guys at DNA the car looks stunning and what else would we expect from you, you are a credit to the kit car industry well done and could we see some pictures with the roof down and will the car be at Stoneleigh. Anyway I will see you guys soon and I will bring the cakes take care J J
Drive it like you stole it

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 04:00:18 PM »
Looks great guys, nice in black. Still not recommending black on a finished car? Using the merc with metal folding roof is awesome, water tight and a v8 to boot, gonna be able to get a great sound out of that.

Great work.

Beany

janman92

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »
 :D :D :D siiiick ! wow the proportions look spot on, and it has everything just like the original, power, looks, comfort, folding roof. wow, just wow... but like any other replica, it screams for biger breaks or a some fake ones

It's so good I was even thinking about switching from YELLOW to BLACK.

how about black AND yellow ;)

bangsters

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
Looks amazing!!

Hey Furrari, how does it look compared to the real california? Any giveaways that say it's a replica?

impressive work for dna!!
Images hosted on https://www.PixelsBin.com

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »
Some good looking donors on ebay.

is this one too damaged?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/190751550182?nav=SEARCH

Beany ;D

Furrari

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 07:03:14 PM »
Janman
Bigger brakes?  The SL55 AMG uses big 6 pot callipers on bigger discs but the 500 stops pretty well as standard as it uses "Brake by Wire" with electronic distribution and anti-lock.  The SL was the flagship model of the Merc range.  Replica brakes with bigger discs like the 430 will not be available as the track only increases by about an inch a side so there is no room.  I think a cover for the calliper may be available.
The colour will be YELLOW and black.  As the SL is available with a Panoramic glass roof (which the Furrari has) it shows up black from outside (the glass covers the whole of the centre section) it only needs the bit above the screen painting gloss black to match the California.  The back is already black each side of the glass.

Bangsters
How does it look against a Ferrari California?  Pretty damn close.  The rear window not quite dead on but it is the right shape.  DNA are working on this.  The panel between the indicators where the number plate fits is again the right shape but due to the way the SL boot opens is in two parts rather than one.  You would have to very observant to notice this.  I knew it was like that from the buck but you would don't see it.  We are working on a way to CF dip this to match too match some other bits I am having both inside and out.
Any giveaway that it's a replica?  No.  It's closer than the 430 was, and that was good.  It's overall impression is one of sheer awesomeness that will have unbelievable road presence; a lot more than the SL although it's the same length and only about 2" wider.

Beany.
I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.  You can get a good straight on for not much more.  You don't know what damage has been done that you can't see.  Even a high milage SL should be good (up to 100K if it's been looked after).  It's difficult to stress a 5 litre V8 and live.  On the motor way I get 28 to the gallon but Walsall on a Friday afternoon your lucky to see double figures but then it does take over an hour to do five miles.
As I said on the Furrari build thread.  Please form an orderly que behind me.

We saw it Thursday,  even my lady wife was impressed and is looking forwards to driving it, and she never drove the 430.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:06:26 PM by Furrari »

tbag

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »
west coast walk round video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=la1EMs1ooRQ

Furrari

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
Tony.  Can't get the video on u tube.  Says it's private and won't let me on.  Tried looking direct on u-tube and nothing.

Mick

tbag

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »
does that happen with everyone???

bangsters

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
Thanks Furrari!! I was asking because I am thinking of getting an 03-04 sl55 and convert it to 2008 widebody.  But now with this kit I am leaning towards this. :)

With the 430 yea it's very good but rounded side window of the mr2 kinda gives it away.  

by the way, is that block one yours, or yours is being built apart from that?

also, how are the dimensions on this compared to the california? wheelbase, height, width, and overall length the same or very close?

Janman
Bigger brakes?  The SL55 AMG uses big 6 pot callipers on bigger discs but the 500 stops pretty well as standard as it uses "Brake by Wire" with electronic distribution and anti-lock.  The SL was the flagship model of the Merc range.  Replica brakes with bigger discs like the 430 will not be available as the track only increases by about an inch a side so there is no room.  I think a cover for the calliper may be available.
The colour will be YELLOW and black.  As the SL is available with a Panoramic glass roof (which the Furrari has) it shows up black from outside (the glass covers the whole of the centre section) it only needs the bit above the screen painting gloss black to match the California.  The back is already black each side of the glass.

Bangsters
How does it look against a Ferrari California?  Pretty damn close.  The rear window not quite dead on but it is the right shape.  DNA are working on this.  The panel between the indicators where the number plate fits is again the right shape but due to the way the SL boot opens is in two parts rather than one.  You would have to very observant to notice this.  I knew it was like that from the buck but you would don't see it.  We are working on a way to CF dip this to match too match some other bits I am having both inside and out.
Any giveaway that it's a replica?  No.  It's closer than the 430 was, and that was good.  It's overall impression is one of sheer awesomeness that will have unbelievable road presence; a lot more than the SL although it's the same length and only about 2" wider.

Beany.
I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.  You can get a good straight on for not much more.  You don't know what damage has been done that you can't see.  Even a high milage SL should be good (up to 100K if it's been looked after).  It's difficult to stress a 5 litre V8 and live.  On the motor way I get 28 to the gallon but Walsall on a Friday afternoon your lucky to see double figures but then it does take over an hour to do five miles.
As I said on the Furrari build thread.  Please form an orderly que behind me.

We saw it Thursday,  even my lady wife was impressed and is looking forwards to driving it, and she never drove the 430.
Images hosted on https://www.PixelsBin.com