Author Topic: New seats  (Read 6291 times)

tricky

• skateboarding is not a crime
    • View Profile
New seats
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »
I ve ordered some bucket seats to dress up my scudo a bit,
The info with the seats says that if my original seats are connected to the air bag light on the dash,then it will stay on, how do I get round it.?

Mikeeason427

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: New seats
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:55:09 AM »
Hi pal
Just remove the bulb from the dash but your air bags won't work

greig1983

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:50:22 PM »
Make sure the seats are securely bolted. Took mine for a MOT there and the bolts were lose plus headlights weren't aligned, first mot since I got the car.

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »
Not sure how the female part of the seatbelt is fixed in the cougar.

I'm not an expert, but wires to seats would either be and indicator that someone is sat in the seat so a light on the dash shows for them to put on a seatbelt and without side airbags in the seats I'd have thought the only wiring tied in with the airbag could be a seat belt pre tensioner.

In my spider a had to locate the female part of the seatbelt on to my seats, as they were on the original mr2 seats.

I say disconnect any wiring from the seats and see if you get any dash warning lights when you start the car. No lights, no worries.

It's generally a bit of trial and error when trying something new, mate, but taking the chance can be well worth it. I reckon you'll sort it no problems.

Beany ;D

tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
got the car booked in on thursday next week, just got to get it jump started now! havent been in it for about 4 months now,!
the garage are going to tell me weather the new seats need anything to stop the airbag light etc as he said it will fail an mot if the lights dont come on,or it will be an advisory?

has anyone got any info on the seats on there cougar?

Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 08:54:48 PM »
Hi Tricky, give me a call tomorrow from 9am until 6pm 07773660531 & i'll give you a few options if this helps.
Cheers buddy - Mario

tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »
Hi mario
I'll ring you on Monday if ok ,thanks for the offer of advise

tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »
Garage had a little go at my seats today, took out the drivers seat and he's going to try and use the og cougar electrics and weld it on the new seats so they will be fully electric, hopefully it will work and I won't have to mess around with airbag resistors etc

There going to have a proper go on it next week

tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 03:20:47 PM »
Getting my car ready for Saturday and realised the mot ran out on September! Got it booked in on Friday but still haven't fitted my new seats yet, took all the connectors off the ford seats and now my air bag bulbs flash on the dash, this is an mot fail, so need to re connect my og seats back up and hope it doesn't need re setting .
Does anyone know if the airbag lights will stop once all the connectors are back in .?

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
Tricky,

If the lights don't turn off you may want to try

www.dashwarninglights.co.uk

I've used them a few times and service has been excellent. It's cost around £35ish and they local to you.