Author Topic: Furrari build  (Read 129003 times)

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
Re: Furrari build
« Reply #750 on: July 05, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »
Air Con.

When I had the Furrari as an SL a local company tried to change the radio head unit and ended up breaking the switch panel below the radio ( they denied it of course).  An original style one was not available so I fitted a panel from a later car ( Merc say it’s the correct, direct replacement).

I’ve never had the air con blowing very cold, never needed it, but I thought it would be nice in this heatwave.  Had the gas checked and it was OK.  First thing that comes to light is that on the old switch panel a button is labelled “ econ”   This turns the air con off.  On the new panel the button is labled A/C,  this turns the air con on.  A small but slight difference.  It helped a bit but not much.  A session on the star computer found the fault.  The sun light sensor had gone.  Not failed but gone.  The original DNA build had never replaced it.  Well replaced it is the wrong term 'cos there was no place to fit it although they have left the plug for it in place.

I’ve ordered a new sensor ( only one left in the factory, but I only want one).  I think I can fit it in or behind the cooling grill on the bonnet, we'll see when we get it.  Some models fit them on the dash but that’s a big job.

Watch this space if you are having an A/C problem.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

nigelhob

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 06, 2018, 11:48:20 AM »
Hi Furrari

We met at stoneleigh i need a new dummy caliper for my
westcoast you said you had a couple just wondering if
you have located them if so could i buy one.

Many thanks

nigelhob

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 07, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
Nigelhob.

I have found ( I never realy lost) the PU, original, DNA, calipurr but I am reluctant to let it go as I need one myself.  However if you go to “Fibreglass and things” thread you can see that I have made a split mould to make one from FG or CF.  I’m currently experimenting with vacuum bagging CF parts which will give us a better job than FG but I need the practice.  PU is not viable for me as there is a high cost of investment in equipment and limited use when I’ve got it.

It’s my intention to do a few more CF jobs to gain experience and then go the required number of calipurrs in a carbon fibre/twaron mix ( twaron is an aramid similar to Kevlar)

Please bear with me as my learning curve is near vertical at this stage. ( and it’s hot and smelly working with this stuff)

M
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

Advert

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk