Author Topic: Extreme Build Dvd  (Read 4678 times)

Spacecowboy

• View Profile
Extreme Build Dvd
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:03:50 AM »
Hi anyone got one I can have/borrow to see whats involved?

Thanks

Phils99

• If I build it, it will work!
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme Build Dvd
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 08:21:49 AM »
if you mean the 4thirty, they are in the first sticky post here http://www.dnaoc.co.uk/index.php/board,8.0.html
What colour should a Ferrari be?...ROSSO of course!

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »
Extreme Build? Not sure anyone here would have one as this is the DNA club  ;) . There are a few build diaries on the Extreme OC website which shows what is involved, but there is a lot more strutural work needed than the DNA kits.

crossy

• Don't you just love traffic cops!
    • View Profile
    • Collagen Light Therapy and Sunbed Hire & Sales
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 02:00:41 PM »
Extreme Build? Not sure anyone here would have one as this is the DNA club  ;) . There are a few build diaries on the Extreme OC website which shows what is involved, but there is a lot more strutural work needed than the DNA kits.

Your build diary Paul is a good starting point for anyone looking to see what's involved in building as you've put in every detail of the build (including) times from the very start!

I'd suggest having a look at all the build diaries on here which will show you exactly what's involved.  :)
Hoping to enjoy half an hour in heaven..........before the devil knows I'm dead!

Spacecowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
Sorry I wasnt very clear I meant for the 355.

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
Sorry I wasnt very clear I meant for the 355.

You realise you can buy some good extreme 355's completed for probably cheaper than you'd build one? I thought about an extreme 355 but was swayed by the soft top of the DNA and they hold their price better if you ever did want to sell on.  :)
Hoping to enjoy half an hour in heaven..........before the devil knows I'm dead!

Spacecowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:32:27 PM »
Ye I know I just like building stuff. That's part the kit car fun. And I love the DNA products too but I just need to get the 355 out of my system. Besides, there aren't many 355's for sale atm. Just want to see what's involved first.

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »
Understand where you are coming from. Why not contact extreme direct? They have recently been taken over by a guy who's supposed to be a half decent chap. I think Madman has built a 355 so worth dropping him a PM to see if he can advise you.  :)

Spacecowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »
I spoke with Extreme about November time. Not sure if it was the new proprietor but he seemed decent. I posted on here a few months back and I think Madman responded then saying the Extreme was basically the best going at this point in time. BAD don't exist any more and, whilst Dave Jones kit looks good, the rear quarter windows are wrong. I'm viewing a BAD one tomorrow but it has too much front plinth for my liking, is yellow - nothing against it per se but not really to my taste - and a targa. So a long shot really. Appreciate your comments, chaps.

Paul79

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »
Good luck JK with the viewing. Maybe DNA could do a 355? I know they have been done to death but I'm sure they could do a great one.... ;D

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »
I love the 355's and looked into them a fair amount two years ago  -  some glaring errors in a few builds, but some really excellent ones as well. I reckon that Top Gear show where the 355 was featured wouldn't have done sales any harm, but maybe it had the opposite effect.

Most crappy kits seem to me to be the result of either poorly created designs or people running out of steam.

.... sadly, it's yet another chariot I can't get here :(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:22:00 PM by seriph »
Steve

wishing we could get cars like these legally registered downunder

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 10:33:37 PM »
Whats the situation Steve with kits down under are they all just a no no or are any permitted? Afterall some could surely just be classed as body kits with no structural alterations?

Seems a bit harsh if they don't allow any?

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »
It has primarily to do with things like changing track and modifying the sub-structure of the vehicles in any way, which the "powers that be" simply do NOT want to have to deal with here. Also, vehicles here are usually only allowed to have wheels fitted that are a maximum of 1 inch over manufacturer's specs ... the list goes on. But insurance is the kicker  -  modified vehicles here cost a LOT more to insure and in the case of a DNA product, the sales-droids wouldn't be able to find a box to tick so they would usually refuse insurance. And no one with even half a brain thinks driving a car around UNinsured is the best thing to do  -  that said, plenty do. Australia has become an extremely risk-averse nation.

And before other Aussies jump in saying they know this way or that, around the system, I am not speaking from 'no' experience in these matters... and yes, I know there are insurers who will underwrite highly modified vehicles, but the premiums are brutal.

Finally, there are a couple of firms here building Cobra reps  -  it took my mate around 20 years to get his cobra legally registered. He was driving around a "ford coupĂ©" for a loooong time ;)  -  and it was uninsured. It comes down to how much hassle you're willing to go through and how deep your pockets are once the cops realise what you're driving   -   but my information and knowledge is not current as it has been some years since I went through all the BS finding out, so maybe I am wrong. I invite some other Aussies to find out and show me where I am wrong (in fact, I'd LOVE to be wrong!)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:08:05 AM by seriph »
Steve

seriph

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 09:05:11 AM »
If you look at carsales.com.au - and go into the "makes" section and pull down "custom" you'll see a selection of the "stuff" we have on offer in the world of kits.
Steve

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »
Cheers for that, had a look and its an interesting list. Its a shame they couldn't be more lenient. I think the U.K. construction & use regulations etc were tough enough but seems down under the situation is even more harsh.

You've probably seen this picture before I posted on here, but it shows what some countries get away with!!  :)

[][/img]