Author Topic: Agreed Value  (Read 4661 times)

kalifornia

• View Profile
    • Car Paint guru
Agreed Value
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
Hello Lads

Its that time of the year again, and I am looking into getting agreed value policy and have been told by Adrian Flux that they do not do these anymore!

Who has a value agreed policy and with whom please, and a rough cost ?

Hate to be in a situation if anything should happen and they only pay out for a standard Mr2 !

crossy

• Don't you just love traffic cops!
    • View Profile
    • Collagen Light Therapy and Sunbed Hire & Sales
Re: Agreed Value
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 01:18:04 PM »
What explanation did Adrian flux give you kal? Seems a bit harsh just to suddenly stop doing agreed value as like you say last thing you want is valuation of mr2!! Did they say how they would value in the event of a claim? Normally if its not agreed value then it is " market value" but this could be difficult to prove in the event of an accident!  :)
Hoping to enjoy half an hour in heaven..........before the devil knows I'm dead!

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
Kal , just noticed tenpin has put a new section on the forum for "insurance" so worth looking to see if anyone else has had similar probs
Hoping to enjoy half an hour in heaven..........before the devil knows I'm dead!

kalifornia

• View Profile
    • Car Paint guru
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
Just called them again.
The only explanation they are giving is that they can't offer a agreed valuation on my type of car - mr2 convertible.
Very strange, has anyone else got a 360 on here and has agreed valuation ?

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »
I had agreed valuation with Adrian Flux last year but didn't renew my policy this year as there was an error on the policy in that they'd listed me incorrectly as having an accident. Surprisingly they said they couldn't amend the policy document???? I just didn't get this as any computerised document can be quickly and easily changed if there is an error???

Instead they offered to send me a covering letter to say there was an error on the policy! When this never arrived I didn't renew my policy so they lost my business.

It was all very strange indeed and similarly frustrating as your experience. I'm sure Adrian Flux are no worse than other insurance companies but it seems to me lately that insurance companies in general are happy to charge ever increasing extortionate premiums whilst apparently offering less and less value for money.

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
I went through A-plan for the second year. Last year they gave me an agreed value of £35,000 for a period of three years, after which it will be reviewed.

A-plan are a broker, the company they put me with is K something, three letter name I think, but can't think of it now. I'll post the name when I get a chance to look at my policy.

They initially asked why I was asking such a high value, as the most expensive DNA 430 they could find for sale was 25K. I told them exactly what extra I had done to my car and they agreed no problem.

I think this year I paid about £360 fully comp, didn't take recovery this year as I'm taking my car off the raid at the end of this month. Wasn't gonna take legal cover but they said they'd half their admin fee if I did, so made it more worthwhile.

It was Monster that put me on to A-plan when I switched from Footman James, so cheers for that mate.

Hope that helps guys.

Beany ;D

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:49:38 PM »
got my agreed value with Footman James £29,000 had to send photos and a signed form from someone in the trade to say what it,s worth in their opinion 8)
MADMAN 8)

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
I went through A-plan for the second year. Last year they gave me an agreed value of £35,000 for a period of three years, after which it will be reviewed.

A-plan are a broker, the company they put me with is K something, three letter name I think, but can't think of it now. I'll post the name when I get a chance to look at my policy.

They initially asked why I was asking such a high value, as the most expensive DNA 430 they could find for sale was 25K. I told them exactly what extra I had done to my car and they agreed no problem.

I think this year I paid about £360 fully comp, didn't take recovery this year as I'm taking my car off the raid at the end of this month. Wasn't gonna take legal cover but they said they'd half their admin fee if I did, so made it more worthwhile.

Cheers Beany, that is most helpful  :)  I think for some reason with the Insurance industry, brokers are able to offer all the extra's one year but not necessarily the next. You'll often find then that the guy you got a higher quote from previously can suddenly do you a better deal. In fairness to Adrian Flux, I had my Beaufords insured with them for years (with agreed value) with no issues and lots of benefits. Sadly the last couple of years there service, in my opinion, seems to have gone down the pan. This is highlighted by Kal's experience with them of being unable to provide the cover he needed or indeed a proper explanation.

Sounds like the company you are using are offering a good deal and I for one will be getting a quote from them!  :)

It was Monster that put me on to A-plan when I switched from Footman James, so cheers for that mate.

Hope that helps guys.

Beany ;D

crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 07:51:23 AM »
got my agreed value with Footman James £29,000 had to send photos and a signed form from someone in the trade to say what it,s worth in their opinion 8)
MADMAN 8)

If Footman James can still offer agreed value surely others can do the same? I think most advertise "agreed value" as long as, like Madman says you provide photos and a signed form to show that the valuation is realistic.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
Just called them again.
The only explanation they are giving is that they can't offer a agreed valuation on my type of car - mr2 convertible.
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I could take another look at it to see exactly why we could offer if for you. We certainly have schemes that can offer this on these types of vehicles but there maybe other factors preventing us from offering it.
Regards,
Dan.

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »
Just called them again.
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I could take another look at it to see exactly why we could offer if for you. We certainly have schemes that can offer this on these types of vehicles but there maybe other factors preventing us from offering it.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, an excellent time to showcase your company, i used to be a cutomer of yours till the price increase seemed excessive. How about a nice discount for all DNA members, with agreed value of course ;)
MADMAN

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:36 AM »
Hi All

Club members do receive up to 15% off and whilst we appreciate it that it would be good to be able to offer an Agreed Value Option for all members unfortunately this is not always possible as there are several factors which dictate if we can offer this benefit.

Each insurer we deal with has their own terms for it.

Thanks

Dan

Just called them again.
Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, an excellent time to showcase your company, i used to be a cutomer of yours till the price increase seemed excessive. How about a nice discount for all DNA members, with agreed value of course ;)
MADMAN