Poll

Who thinks this is an acceptable Replica Key for £70.00

Yes
0 (0%)
No
21 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Replica Key Scam  (Read 11512 times)

Big Bob

• View Profile
Replica Key Scam
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:37:33 PM »
Hi Guys a member of our Owners Club seems to think its funny to scam other members after advertising for Replica Keys on here. Sean Doyle offers a Replica Key service at £70 a key after 3 months Ive just got mine through the post and its a complete joke...he has photos which have no resemblance to the finished key. Im not happy at being scammed but even more unhappy its came through our site.

Keep away from this guy hes based in Ireland and if this is the quality of his work hes aged 5.

One Angry Man.  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:20:35 PM by Big Bob »

ghall164

• View Profile
Re: Replica Key Scam
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 07:43:01 PM »
Chupa chups lolly any one oh dear

sean doyle

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »
Hi Robert,
             You requested a key to be made that would incorporate the three function buttons and the motherboard and the battery to all work together, that service has all been provided the three button were all tested and worked when they left my place.

Yes the key fob is going to be much thicker in diameter as it need to hold the key motherboard, key barrel,battery, and the three buttons that is why the key is thicker as explained in the e-mails i sent you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean Doyle <peggy390521@gmail.com>       Jul 1

Hi Robert,
             Arrived this morning it said it was posted on the 24th i think cause of the post strikes it was delayed i have started on your key will take time to make it work with the push buttons shouldn't be a problem

Will keep you updated with pictures along the way

Share all images 
poi 008.JPG   poi 008.JPG
2137K   View   Share   Download 

Here is the picture that was sent to you in the e-mail above

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your response to the above

Robert Ure <roberture@rocketmail.com>     Jul 1

to me
Great pal let me know when it's done and I will get you paid.
I have given another member your detail he's looking for an MR2 key to be done.

Cheers
Rob

Robert Ure
Sent from my iPhone
<poi 008.JPG>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean Doyle <peggy390521@gmail.com>
Jul 13

to Robert
Hi Robert,
               Ive had a mad week have bought a automatic mr2 as i am having surgery on my knee so i will be laid up for 8 months and i will need an automatic to get around i swapped my black mr2 turbo for a ferrari 355 kit and a car so i have been up to my eyes.

Yip your key is 85% ready just need to sand it and prime it and paint it and put the three button back on

Ive included pictures of different stages of the process i have angled the barrel of the key at a bit of an angel so it fits perfect into your ignition barrel the three buttons were a scratch the head but i got them to work now the key is a little thicker than your normal ferrari key due to all the electronics and the battery .

Cheers
Sean

The motherboard and key barrel all lined up and set in place these are the pictures that were sent to you

The rear of the key sealed with the motherboard and battery inside this picture was sent to you

The exterior back of the key was put on this picture was sent to you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your response back from seeing the pictures

Robert Ure roberture@rocketmail.com via yahoo.com Jul 14

Great Sean, your a busy man but its taking shape. Im just itching to see the finished Key I'm paranoid someone spots the Ford Fob and clicks its a kit.

The MR2 355 Kit looks good the rear axle width was always a problem as the wheels never spaced right but a man with your skill will fix that Im sure.

Is that a Lambo kit I spotted hiding in the corner.....

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks again
Rob
Sean Doyle <peggy390521@gmail.com>  Jul 15

to Robert
Hi Rob,
          Its waiting on the fiberglass to set around your barrel of the key that takes the longest and the warm weather isint helping it set i should hopefully have it finished during the week.

This key fob nobody will recognize now its a little wider than your normal key but that is due to the battery and motherboard inside the key.

Yip i have completed a Lambo Murci has taken me 3 1/2 years to complete pain in the ass but its built around a race cars theme something different than your usual murci

The 355 will be something different ive included a picture of what it will look like

Cheers

Sean

Your response back

Robert Ure roberture@rocketmail.com via yahoo.com  Jul 16

to me
Looks good Sean, its different thats for sure....look forward to seeing the finished car.

Speak soon
Rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply back to you

Sean Doyle <peggy390521@gmail.com>
Aug 3

to Robert
Sorry for the late reply mate just been up to my eye balls here it is just needs to be primed and painted. The picture is the buttons setting in the key then i will sand back the black stuff prime and paint

This picture was sent to you as well as the button were too deep i had to fill them in to bring them up level with the key

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your response back

Robert Ure Aug 5

to me
Sound thanks Sean.

Rob

Robert Ure
Sent from my iPhone
<ffffff 004.JPG>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i can keep going with the e-mail but the main point have been shown here everything i done was asked not once in any of the e-mail have you given me an indication i was doing wrong i see you have issued a complaint for full refund with paypal and opened a dispute all of our e-mail have been forward onto paypal to have a look into this.

I have done no wrong here only tried to help you and deliver what you asked

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »
Understand his point though sean the key looks hiddeous?

Under no circumstances should the key not be in that condition it looks like a huge blob of red paint and it shouldnt be like that ... if it looked like that when it left your workplace and you was happy it was as best as you could do then you shouldnt be advertising such work and even worse charging for it. I will comment no further until more is said.
sonny :)

sean doyle

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »
@ sundog - every e-mail and picture i sent under no circumstance was i given the assumption that Robert was unhappy, the key was built as he want it to be built, if the key had no buttons incorporated inot this it would of been straight forward. 

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
@ sean

Well of course he wad happy at that time because he hadent seen the completed one in person ... had he of khown what it would of looked like i very much doubt he would of allowed you to continue your work.

in terms of being built how he wanted it to be built I highly doubt he would actually be happy with the end result how would you feel if such monstrosity was sent to yourself after paying 70 pound and waiting 3 months?

and lastly if it was such hard work to incorporate the buttons into the replica keys why would you be doing such a job that doesn't match your skill level?

I don't know maybe it's just me but this is unacceptable if this is truly the work that you sent out to him upon completion for god sake sean look at it
sonny :)

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 11:16:38 PM »
 :o ::) lost for words
MADMAN :-X

Big Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 04:22:49 AM »
Sean the photo you sent me of a key you claim to have done looked great that is why I asked you to do mine. The thing you sent me in the post is a joke you havent even rubbed it down before painting its a blob of filler attached to a key. You have then just stuck a pin badge on the back.

I honestly thought this was a joke when I opened the package after 3 months of chasing you for it I took you on trust the photos I have which you sent bear no liking to the key sent so its been miss described and is not fit for the purpose its intended or as you advertised as a replica key.

The photos I have attached actually make it look better than it is, which I thought impossible, you cant seriously believe that this is acceptable, you said you could replicate the key this is in no way a replica key and at £70.00 I think its fair to expect a professional job and finish.

This finish in this photo looks nothing like the finish on the fob you have sent me.....

Below is the photo you sent me of your work compared to the finished key you sent me. Can you spot the difference Sean.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:29:08 AM by Big Bob »

sean doyle

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »
Robert you asked for the buttons to be incorporated into the key the that was sent is naturally going to be much thicker as it includes the battery, the motherboard, and the buttons this was told to you and you still said you wanted it done.

There was no hole drilled in the key as there was no room with the motherboard.

The barrel of the ford key was fiberglassed into the body of the key fob i angled the key as this was the only option as space was taken up by the battery, motherboard and buttons this was explained to you as well. And you never asked me to change it.

The emblem was tuck on what did you want me to do with the emblem ?

I will leave it in the hand of paypal now they can deal with it as i have explained it on here and all the e-mail that were sent back and forth not once did you give me an indication that you were unhappy

Big Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 11:23:55 AM »
Sean look at it man its nothing like you said it would be its bonded in a lump its not finished its ruff shows every bump and lump you didnt even sand it down man. The buttons are left ruff with pieces hanging off. How do i change the battery its all stuck together once its flat the keys for the bin anyway...If you couldnt do the job to any type of acceptable standard then you shouldnt have advertised you could and cant honestly believe its worth £70.00 in that state.
Trust me Sean the money isnt the problem its the fact you seem to think that standard of work is acceptable and cant accept the key you have supplied is not what you sent me in your photo.

Dont offer what you cant provide. 

DNA USA

• DNA Automotive USA @ www.DNAautomotiveUSA.com
    • View Profile
    • DNA Automotive USA
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 12:02:21 PM »
Here's a simple suggestion that wil help you see the point everyone is trying to make Sean, as it seems to be falling on deaf ears currently:

If anyone wants to pay Sean let's say only £20 for a 'replica' key just like the one supplied in these pictures, please let us know by replying here. Roll up, roll up...

My guess is there won't be any orders and that should tell you something.
DNA Automotive USA
A Series of Car Caves, LLC
Distributor for DNA Automotive in the USA
www.DNAautomotiveUSA.com
www.facebook.com/DNAautomotiveUSA

Comprehensive Self-Build Body Kits and Turnkey Conversions For BMW Z3, BMW M Roadster, Mercury Cougar, Mercedes-Benz SL, and Toyota MR2 MkIII Road

STRDAL360

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 12:32:08 PM »
This brings back my painful memory. Nigel Rees, aka XPERT360, founder of Dragon Exotics, took my hard earned thousands of pounds and vanished.

At least you got a "blob" for your £70....

All scamers WILL go to hell.

Big Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 01:26:38 PM »
Cheers Guys appreciate your support, I dont want this happening on our owners site Ive been a member since my 360 and now my scudo and wont accept bullshit or promises and be delivered this type of crap and have it associated with the work that proper members do on here. Sean advertises his worksmanship on here and Im glad no one else will be caught out by him. Tenpin if you read this then I know you moderate and administrate the site but I want all members to know this guys scam hidden in excuses that I didnt complain during the time it took him to ruin my new key BULLSHIT why would I until he finished it.

Anyway who can point me in the direction of a tried and tested person who could fabricate me a new key.

Sean its not my fault Doyle need not apply.

tricky

• skateboarding is not a crime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »
[quote author=Big Bob link=topic=3683.msg24925#msg24925 date=

Anyway who can point me in the direction of a tried and tested person who could fabricate me a new key.

Sean its not my fault Doyle need not apply.
[/quote]
I've got a template ready for you if you want me to do one for you!

Big Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »
Tricky that looks good mate but can i have an old Ferrari pin badge stuck too it with chewing gum that would make it a replica key in my book.....

you could make a fortune mate.