Author Topic: Do you get stopped much by the police?  (Read 10810 times)

greig1983

Do you get stopped much by the police?
« on: June 29, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
My friend drives a real Audi R8 and he says he gets stopped constantly for the police to have a look.

I was wondering do you get stopped much and if you do, do they question that the car comes up as a Cougar or a MR2?

Lord Beany

• View Profile
Re: Do you get stopped much by the police?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »
Not been stopped yet, suprisingly!

Did have a copper give me the slow down hand gesture as i was motoring down the A1 a few weeks ago.

Will have to see what happens when the V6 goes in with the increased performance.

Beany ;D

paulcas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »

Did have a copper give me the slow down hand gesture as i was motoring down the A1 a few weeks ago.

Will have to see what happens when the V6 goes in with the increased performance.

Beany ;D

he was probably waiving you on your lordship  ::)

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 03:38:06 PM »

Beany ;D

he was probably waiving you on your lordship  ::)

Or maybe even saying I could go faster on my Queens highway. Lol.

Beany ;D

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
The Furrari was taxed on line on the Thursday before Newark so I had no tax disc, just a receipt saying I could drive without a tax disc for 5 days.  Passed 2 police stations and saw 5 police cars on my travels and I wasn't stoped once.  Maybe cos it raining and blowing a gale on the way up.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Hamzai02

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 02:40:09 AM »
lol funny thing is i got stopped the other day.. the two officers were so confused they thought it was a real ferrari scuderia

i started laughing and sed the reason why ur arguin is simple

its a dna kit car,.. they were just gobed smacked lol

MADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
I have,nt after aprox 10 years in different replicas, but I register them with DVLA
Ask Howza about his episode at the Tyne tunnel ;)
MADMAN

greig1983

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »
I got mine registered with the DVLA as a DNA 430 but haven't been stopped. Actually use to get worried when I saw the police but since it's been changed I don't care now.

Lord Beany

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:53:19 AM »
Not been stopped by Police either, yet. ;D

Beany ;D

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »
I got stopped all the bloody time I Meen at least twice a day. I think it's because I'm young and I look like a drug dealer in a 458 italia haha.

On the boat over to Ireland I got stopped by boarder controll and they tried everything to seize ye car of of me , I was there for an hour and then got fairly annoyed with them and said I'm leaving now , at who h point they said no your not. Then I got really pissed and told them you cannot keep me here without suspicion and it's against the law to try an pin something against me etc etc , drove off an then got pulled out of the car and almost arrested for fleeing a scene. I just laughed and told ten they haven't a clue what there doing as there was no scene to flee!!

That was the start of my nightmare over in Ireland I got stoppe approx 22 times in 3 days. Again told them I understand once or twice but your boarder line harassment at this stage and il e making a complaint if it happens again. Left alone then.
sonny :)

greig1983

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 08:11:18 PM »
Shocking sunny,
My friend had a R8 for a few months and he was the same. He drove around Glasgow city and got stopped 3 times in an hour.

He told that last cop this is his third time stopped for no reason and he replied, yes I know but that's what you get for driving a car like this....

sundog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »
Shocking sunny,
My friend had a R8 for a few months and he was the same. He drove around Glasgow city and got stopped 3 times in an hour.

He told that last cop this is his third time stopped for no reason and he replied, yes I know but that's what you get for driving a car like this....

Ahh man i would of flipped if i was him. That is disgusting , so basically your stopping me fir having a nice car? Illegal to pull someover in a car for nothing. And harras them. Some are ok but vast majority of them are jelouse fcuks who will try to pin anything on you. As i said i had them searching high and low for anything so they can sieze the car of of me.
sonny :)

greig1983

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 08:44:52 PM »
Exactly they are jealous.

They just love the power... I remember a couple of years ago down at donington festival and again it was an r8 parked in the services and it was a woman eating her lunch. I seen two cops pull up ns notice the car so they both walked over probably just to have a look about because they haven't seen one...

My friend said he would get asked what he worked at etc and he would answer "I don't work" then would would ask, so how can you afford this and to annoy him his answer was "mummy and daddy bought me it" he would say there faces were a picture!!!

Furrari

• A wise man can control the stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 11:25:32 PM »
If in doubt just tell them that the answer to anything they ask is covered by section 2 of the official secrets act.

They back off damn quick as to question you could land them in BIG trouble.  Prison time for attempting to breach the act.
Not all problems can be solved with gaffer tape.  For those there is WD40.
Not even gaffer tape can fix stupid, but it can mask the sound.

If you can’t buy it or steal it you have to make it.

Hamzai02

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 01:55:57 AM »
458 italia driving to luton...

first of all get stopped by traffic officers...

so came out and sed what seems to be the problem officer?

he goes well jump out ill tell u

took me at the back of his bmw,, it started are you insured? i go yes

then he started to get me done for number plates

i was like ferrari 458 is the only and aventodor are 2 cars which legally do not have to have there number plates on the front

then he tried doing me for insurance but i can drive any car since im with co operative

oh even more funny tried to say my tax disc is the old one... then saying its fraudalent usage

so i sed its got tax on the system? yes?
thats it then it must be the old no. plate

wow.. after all that he still tries giving me a fine..